Some history of Rig-Talk

In regards to King Crimson/David Gerlach...

I never had a bad interaction with him, but didn't really chat much.

Back in the HC days maybe around '01 he posted a clip of his 5150 with integrated quads, and to this day I think is still one of my favorite amp clips. "Cookie Monsters" I think it was titled. I have it saved somewhere.

Man it's crazy to think how long we've been here. My stats say I joined in 2010 but that may have been the second time. I know I've been here longer than that for sure. I think I joined HC in '99.

Most of my forum time is here and GAB. Billy is doing it right over at GAB. Hope that forum stands the test of time, along with here at RT.

Back in the HC days maybe around '01 he posted a clip of his 5150 with integrated quads, and to this day I think is still one of my favorite amp clips. "Cookie Monsters" I think it was titled. I have it saved somewhere.

Man it's crazy to think how long we've been here. My stats say I joined in 2010 but that may have been the second time. I know I've been here longer than that for sure. I think I joined HC in '99.

Most of my forum time is here and GAB. Billy is doing it right over at GAB. Hope that forum stands the test of time, along with here at RT.
Yeah I remember that too, it was an awesome sound. It was so cool at the time, everyone was posting amp clips, then the 30 man metal jams.

The mass exodus was due to the upgrade of the forum, going to whatever web 2.0 design that they still have today.

a1IcOiX.jpg

I thought you'd never ask oh wise retired one with the boots that are Jacked.
Yep still above ground and doing well.
Married 10 years now. Had to put down the best fricking cat we've ever had in my life Tuesday.
One of the hardest things ive had to do. We got 2 others but Bubby was the Alpha.
Working again as a meat cutter for a private company as most folks born after 1990 have no idea how to butcher as its a vanishing trade.
Have lost alot of friends due to C19 and natural issues.
Willing to try this again but if the small faction of hater open up on me i'll just leave. Just have no room in my life for hate.
Happy 2024 to everyone.

VIVA LA CHARVEL DAN!!!

Post that clip .

Which one? There's been several.

Lots of you have only joined recently....there's some EPIC threads, shitshows....If I were a recent member, like last 4 yrs, these would be the most fun...
Billy Blades
StoneTone guy
Any number of Cameron, Brad King, Friedman(only because he unfortunately joined up with BK and Cameron)
King Crimson guy....Mr MyGrandpaWroteGallowsPoleSo Zeppelin OwesMeMoney!!!
Dude who invited everyone who disagrees with him to fight him on his local Golf Course....He's still here but can't remember his name, of course he denies it lol
Mr Ronnie Champagne who engineered Facelift, telling us that it was a boosted 64 Bassman for those chewy dark AIC tones, instead of guys hopelessly chasing the Snorkler, which was only used for leads and some cleans Lol

These are some of the few fun ridiculous and LONG threads of yesteryear...Oh, how could I forget ANY thread with Charvel Dan...lol
Oh man, do you have the link to the golf course dude? I remember one of the quotes went something like "you don't have the skill set to fight with me. I kicked a guy's ass on a golf course" (or something pretty close to that...) Man, if I could do a re read of that thread it would be priceless.

Oh man, do you have the link to the golf course dude? I remember one of the quotes went something like "you don't have the skill set to fight with me. I kicked a guy's ass on a golf course" (or something pretty close to that...) Man, if I could do a re read of that thread it would be priceless.
I can't remember what he went by at that time; he's gone by a few different names over the years..

Me as well, But I was Gunslinger on HC. I've been here since the start, seen all the craziness here with Mitch and BK, etc... HC was the wild west, had SO much fun there, made alot of good friends, most of which migrated here. Seemed to me alot of folks didn't make the switch to here, for whatever reason, and split off to social media groups instead.

The HC EVH thread was so epic, I would laugh till I was ready to puke some days, the Zakk/motorcycle epiphone deal was quite a fun shitshow as well. Seems like 12 lifetimes ago....

Back