Help regarding where to service/mod Mesa Boogie Mark amps in Europe.

DaveShred86

Hi folks! especially Mesa Boogie maniacs..

I just got this great Mark III Green Stripe DRGX from a German seller on Reverb some time ago and well, after enjoying it non-stop and the initial rush, the unavoidable tech service must be done.

I am thinking on the idea of modding it to III++ specs..

Do you know of any reliable place in Europe to send the amp and service/mod it?

Shipping it to Petaluma is absolutely impossible right now, of course I know this mod will cost me some bucks but shipping to USA plus customs etc would be too much.

I would appreciate very much any help regarding this matter.

Thank you in advance.

I'm also debating myself if ++ mod on a Mark III Green Stripe would be worth... but it will not be done by Mike :( It must be some other guy in Europe

I wonder what all is done on a c+++ mod for a III? I would love to get one done but options are limited. As far as headshells I've been begging Kyle Rhodes to start doing them. Not a day goes by that I don't see someone shopping for one.

I think member GJgo had the ++ mod on a mark III done but preferred the + mod, as the amp got t compressed with the ++

I wonder what all is done on a c+++ mod for a III? I would love to get one done but options are limited. As far as headshells I've been begging Kyle Rhodes to start doing them. Not a day goes by that I don't see someone shopping for one.
So it means, you are in search for a Mark III headshell?

Thanks a lot for your very fast answers... I will think about it, as it is now, I just love how it sounds, and I use it mainly to play thrash/death metal, so making it more "creamy" maybe it's not the best move..

If it was a blue stripe and I had to tame the harshness..mmmmm I will think

Oh, just a question for you fellas, I observed that since I got it, the reverb tank is disconnected, and I always have the reverb knob at absolute ZERO, does this can harm the amplifier? The fact that the tank is disconnected..

I think member GJgo had the ++ mod on a mark III done but preferred the + mod, as the amp got t compressed with the ++
I have the ++ mod on mine and it’s awesome. I don’t think too compresed . It’s got a rawness . I got rid of my other marks . I really love it

Things are changing since the Gibson acquisition. I doubt it on the cabinets/headshells for retail but you never know. Maybe on current production, but highly doubtful on legacy/out of production models.

Ask Rich. He's my go to guy at Mesa for this kinda thing. rduvall@mesaboogie.com

I doubt they're doing mods like the old days (pre Gibson).........but ask Mike/Head Tech since day one. mbendinelli@mesaboogie.com

Well people, seems a miracle happened here, thing is that I asked and there is an official Mesa Boogie tech quite near me! Guy is a legend here in Spain (he's been working with Mesa amps since the late 80's)..

Now the question is.

Keeping in mind I want the amp solely for thrash/death metal and I never use the clean channel...what option would be best and most articulate?

1-Keep my Mark III Green Stripe Simul as is.

2-Turn it to a Mark III+

3-Turn it to a Mark III++

4-Any other?

Thanks a lot guys, I really really appreciate this!!!!!!

Back