The Punk thread: Agent Orange > Descendents > Bad Religion > Offspring > NOFX > Pennywise.....

The Wildhearts are always my go-to.....even though they are probably more of a punk/hardrock hybrid overall with some prog elements they got the punk attitude in spades
Attitude is everything and most of the above always came across as a punk hard rock combo too...

Punk rock fucking rules!
I had the honor to have a Brazilian band from my city to record the guitars and bass for one of their albums at my studio.
It was the easiest, most relaxed session I did till today. Everyone was so relaxed and nice, and Marcos, the guitar player that did all the guitar tracking, was phenomenal. He did, both the first track and its double(he doubled every guitar part in the album), all in one take. The whole session lasted less than 2 hours! They've done their homework and it paid off. I really wish I had recorded and mixed the whole album. But we only do what we're allowed to do.
The only song they didn't didn't track the guitar parts at my studio was the last one on the album.

Great stuff here guys; love seeing punk rock get some love!

Any love here for RKL? I think Bad Brains were the OG's when it came to technical punk (although they really transcended punk) but RKL could REALLY play and their style had a huge influence on the skate punk scene!

Great stuff here guys; love seeing punk rock get some love!

Any love here for RKL? I think Bad Brains were the OG's when it came to technical punk (although they really transcended punk) but RKL could REALLY play and their style had a huge influence on the skate punk scene!
I posted a YT clip of RKL on page 1 but yeah, they were awesome! Too bad they were such serious drug addicts. 3/5 of them have passed already.

Such a great sounding record. I forgot who did the majority of these albums but they all sound great to me. Guitar tone to me on this was wild and I always was curious how they got it, still don’t know.

This was my entry to punk. I was aware of The Ramone’s, Pistols and The Damned etc but these were the first records I bought for myself..

Slip it In was my gateway album as it has almost a hard rock sound. After this I got Damaged and was like Fuuuhhck. The bass tone on What I see speaks to me..lol

Considers more Crust than punk but still the shit!

and the one and only

Check out Strung Out, one of my favorite bands. They're punk with a bit of a metal edge and some catchy "poppy" hooks and guitar solos too. They're quite diverse for a punk band and not one dimensional like others can be as they've evolved over time yet always sound like themselves if that makes sense. They're on a short list of bands I can put on nearly any album they've ever put out and not feel the need to skip a "bad" song since there really aren't any.

Back