Where are all of the Cameron moded Marshalls?

I owned a CCV and another modded one at some point. Didn't wow me. I've also been over to Mark's place a few years ago and played a bunch of the amps he built. He was nice enough to pop the hood on them and let me take a look at the circuits. Also nice enough to give me some friendly amp-building advice. None of the amps I played really impressed me much, except for this Frankenstein project amp he uses to experiment random ideas. That thing sounded better than all his other amps, including the CCV/CCM, etc.

I owned a CCV and another modded one at some point. Didn't wow me. I've also been over to Mark's place a few years ago and played a bunch of the amps he built. He was nice enough to pop the hood on them and let me take a look at the circuits. Also nice enough to give me some friendly amp-building advice. None of the amps I played really impressed me much, except for this Frankenstein project amp he uses to experiment random ideas. That thing sounded better than all his other amps, including the CCV/CCM, etc.

Was it you or Brad king or Brad king’s brother alex that tried to buy that Frankenstein amp? Someone literally gave mark a blank check and said how much and mark said no. He flat out wouldn’t sell it.

He should have taken them up on that and then used the proceeds to pay back the Fucked Fifteen :yes:
Sad part is that it’s probably someone’s unreturned amp in a perpetual never-complete stage. I don’t know how many times I read stories on here of someone able to meet with Cameron grabbing someone else’s amp for them as a favor while they are there finished or not. Just a complete total shit show.

Sad part is that it’s probably someone’s unreturned amp in a perpetual never-complete stage. I don’t know how many times I read stories on here of someone able to meet with Cameron grabbing someone else’s amp for them as a favor while they are there finished or not. Just a complete total shit show.
I Think I remember Kurt grabbing several back in the day.

Was it you or Brad king or Brad king’s brother alex that tried to buy that Frankenstein amp? Someone literally gave mark a blank check and said how much and mark said no. He flat out wouldn’t sell it.

I offered to buy it when I played it. He said no. About a year later I got a text from him asking if I still wanted it. I think he needed money at the time, but a few days later he changed his mind lol. It had a custom, one-off chassis; custom, one-off transformers; and V1 wasn't a typical 12AX7 gain stage. It used some other type of tube but I forgot what (wasn't a triode).

Nah, it wasn't a customer's amp. It was a ground-up build in a project chassis. Quite obviously a prototyping amp, not meant for sale or actual use.

Perhaps they should have rolled up the check and put some powdery substance under it....

Wasn’t there someone here somewhat recently that said they met mark at some storage unit or something and it was stacks of marshalls?? I always wondered why maybe something wasn’t done if that was actually the case?

Wasn’t there someone here somewhat recently that said they met mark at some storage unit or something and it was stacks of marshalls?? I always wondered why maybe something wasn’t done if that was actually the case?

Shit, we need to hear more from this dude about the storage unit

I think that was like 20 years ago lmao

Cameron mod?
Please!
Bon appetit!

Cameron Marshall-1.JPG

Cameron Marshall-2.JPG

Cameron Marshall-3.JPG

Cameron Marshall-4.JPG

Cameron Marshall-5.JPG

Cameron Marshall-6.JPG

Cameron Marshall-7.JPG

And?
Did it taste good?

Last edited:
Somewhat off topic, but why are people so secretive about Cameron schems when he essentially fucked over everyone he met? Seems like the first thing to do would be make the info available so people would avoid the temptation of mailing him an amp for service. (And if you have one and would like to send me a copy feel free lol)

I'll send you a bunch. There are people out there that have gone to lengths to trace, de-goop, social engineering Mark into what mods are, etc.. Everyone's more-so respectful towards those guys work rather than Mark's "work". Pretty much all bigger names out there can and will do faithful Cameron mods on your old school Marshalls; Monomyth, Armored, Gower, etc... No reason to proliferate this dirtbags legacy.

On a serious note, I only started this thread because it seems as though Cameron modded Marshalls were popping up for sale on a regular basis "back in the day". I have a stock a JMP 2203 and a Vintage Modern that I use various boosts with and I couldn't be happier with my tone. I will note that it has been entertaining with all of the PM's that I've received with downright ridiculous price offers for a Cameron modded Marshall.
No thanks :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Back