NAD TREMOVERB!!!

mchn13

Dude. This thing is so sick!! I have had so many variations of rectos over the years including a ksr modded two channel dual that was so nice. Ive al ways heard how lauded the tverbs were but never got one for some reason. I got one used on reverb and went and picked it up in ATL yesterday. I think @tighten used to own this one. Im now a believer. Took it to practice and hit it with a 33 pedal on orange cloned to modern through two mesa cabs and just laughed at how heavy it sounded. What a fuckin amp!

Attachments

• IMG_5077.jpeg
    IMG_5077.jpeg
    351.1 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_5078.jpeg
    IMG_5078.jpeg
    300.6 KB · Views: 59
Awesome, yeah that's my old amp. It was a very good one! I bought it from the original owner & had Mike B. fix it up for me a few years ago.
Good on you man! Its still in great shape and you can tell. Its quiet and i barely used a gate even with the boost. I get why everyone loves these now.

Also. The worst friggin loop in the business. When i first cranked it up i forgot to turn off the loop and thought it was broken. Has anyone converted these to series loop and no tone suck??

That amp with the reverb going had one of the best clean tones I've ever experienced.

Here's a fun comparo with my Rev C as well.

Also. The worst friggin loop in the business. When i first cranked it up i forgot to turn off the loop and thought it was broken. Has anyone converted these to series loop and no tone suck??
Assuming the loop circuit is the same as the Rev G, this is the official procedure:

Parts needed: 1 pc. #12A or 112A Switchcraft ¼ inch jack.

1. Remove effects “Return” jack and the orange 2-inch wire connecting it to the “Blend” POT.

2. Install the 12A or 112A jack in the “Return” position, very securely with a lock-washer inside as it was previously.

3. Move red wire from “Blend” POT to tip connection of the new “Return” jack.

4. Add jumper wire from “Send” jack at the Brown wire (tip connection) to switched contact connection of the new “Return” jack.

5. Make sure “normalling” contact on new “Return” jack works well when plug is removed.
This is the unofficial tone suck/bass cut mod (not identical to Mike B's undocumented version) :
There is a 2.2uf capacitor connected to pin 3 of tube V4a (which is the effects loop recovery stage).
Changing this to a 10uf tantalum capacitor should eliminate the tone suck or at least reduce it substantially.
Just be sure to install it in the right direction with the "+" end connected to pin 3. This worked great for me.

I did the bass suck mod that @Snave mentioned above to my Rev G Triple. It helped it not lose low end when the loop is turned on. I did leave it parallel though, as it can be useful with my rack effects processors.

Back