Twang King bright and bassy

messenger

The twang king in my kotzen very bassy with a real harsh top end. I dial in my amp for the bridge pickup (Chopper T) as it’s what I use 90% of the time. Anyone else find this? Suggestions?

Can't say I have; the Twang Kings are my favorite tele pickups ever tbh; both positions are pretty much perfection for me

I agree with thenine; maybe it's too close to the strings?

I had a couple of Kotzen Teles and found the neck PU really nice sounding. As was said, make sure it's not too high. 4/64ths holding down each E string at the last fret. Should be good to go.

Twang king neck + Chopper T Bridge is pretty drastic EQ shift.
Chopper is heavy on the mids and twang king is nice bright and scooped with the bass that comes in the neck spot.

What pots do you use?
Remove the tone pot from the bridge PU (250k Volume) and use it for neck only!

Twang king neck + Chopper T Bridge is pretty drastic EQ shift.
Chopper is heavy on the mids and twang king is nice bright and scooped with the bass that comes in the neck spot.

What pots do you use?
Remove the tone pot from the bridge PU (250k Volume) and use it for neck only!
Kotzen doesn’t have a tone pot (series parallel switch in its place)

Kotzen doesn’t have a tone pot (series parallel switch in its place)
ah, yeah i remember.
You could damp just the neck pickup when it's selected if you like.
For example a 15nF or 22nF cap with 270k, 220k or other resistor in parallel to the neck PU to simulate a tone pot at a specific position...

Can't say I have; the Twang Kings are my favorite tele pickups ever tbh; both positions are pretty much perfection for me

I agree with thenine; maybe it's too close to the strings?
I agree 100% love them. I think they pair perfectly with the Chopper T!

I haven’t used the Twang King in years but it paired nicely with a Dimarzio Tone Zone T and 500k pots

ah, yeah i remember.
You could damp just the neck pickup when it's selected if you like.
For example a 15nF or 22nF cap with 270k, 220k or other resistor in parallel to the neck PU to simulate a tone pot at a specific position...
I thought about looking into that. Figured there was likely a way to do it. Thanks. If lowering doesn’t help enough I’ll definitely try doing that

Back