It's time - tube amp/s

You have a Yeti already, which is a great amp, I'd get something that pairs well with it EQ wise, like a splawn nitro. Or yeah, a SLO.

You have a Yeti already, which is a great amp, I'd get something that pairs well with it EQ wise, like a splawn nitro. Or yeah, a SLO.
I have a feeling once he dials in or boosts the blue channel of his 90’s XTC, the yeti will be sent packing.

Honestly I can't agree with that, the Yeti properly tweaked is quite a monster (as the XTC is ofc, but that's well known).
The Yeti falls victim to the same problem as common amp mods that aren’t as advanced as others these days. They get gain in spades but thin out as well. Still a killer amp but in comparison to the 90’s XTC, I don’t think it can hold its own.

The Yeti falls victim to the same problem as common amp mods that aren’t as advanced as others these days. They get gain in spades but thin out as well. Still a killer amp but in comparison to the 90’s XTC, I don’t think it can hold its own.

Mmm honestly my Yeti doesn't sound that far from a properly booster JMP (especially if in plexi mode and, yeah, boosted), which is a sound I like for heavy retro stuff. It's not a modern metal monster, that's true, it doesn't deliver the super djenticulate aggro focused stuff, which might be a let down for modern players, but even in modern mode (which is the quietest one) it gets quite thunderous and fat when you hit the volume sweet spot. There are fatter amps around, that's for sure (Diezel herbert, Splawn Nitro), but it's not really thin in my book.

To everyone that recommended the Ecstasy - huge thanks. I love it. Can't put my finger on it exactly...its...alive. Feels like what I've been searching for and will be in my collection for a long time. I grabbed the 2x12 cab as well but am running it through my Marshall 1960ax at the moment and it sounds great.
Now you get it :rock:

Back