Vinnie Vincent - What Is Going On?

i was a huge fan until that ridiculously horrendous kiss at magic mountain movie!
IMG_0332.jpeg

IMG_0333.jpg

these ladies should name their band cusano’s smile

IMG_0248.png

i remember thinking paul sounded like a female woody allen, ace sounded like bugs bunny and peter sounded like he had hay fever.
all really bad at acting too!
It really is horrible. Ha ha…. Love it!

I remember in the opening, Paul shot a laser out of his star eye, then walked up the beam. I remembering wonderinghow that could be possible. Like, does he take one end of the laser from his eye and sit it on the ground, then walk up it? Very confusing for a 5 year old.

Don't care. Kiss (Paul and Gene) can do no wrong IMO.

Big whoop, wanna fight about it?

200w (4).gif

Paul Stanley is my spirit rocker (so is Michael Sweet, oh and Steve Marriott...)

Fixed that for ya.
I'll take Ace's drunk hysterical cackle over Gene's solemn business-mindset any day of the week and 5 times on sundays. :cool:

look at where Ace (and Peter) are today vs Gene and Paul.

Ace, Peter and Vinnie are like those people who win millions in the lottery and become poor again within a few years. All three of them had several chances to win and threw it away.

IMO

look at where Ace (and Peter) are today vs Gene and Paul.

Ace, Peter and Vinnie are like those people who win millions in the lottery and become poor again within a few years. All three of them had several chances to win and threw it away.

IMO
No, I hear ya...
Gene and Paul seemed to keep a level head in the business with all its debouchery...
it's just that...if you've seen the whole Snyder interview, Gene is such a sourpuss and Ace is just fun.

No, I hear ya...
Gene and Paul seemed to keep a level head in the business with all its debouchery...
it's just that...if you've seen the whole Snyder interview, Gene is such a sourpuss and Ace is just fun.
Ace was out of mind with whatever he was on; Gene told a story of how they used to share hotel rooms, and Ace was nearly dead passed out in the tub, and Gene was awake all night to make sure Ace was ok; next morning Ace wakes up oblivious to the prior night... many stories like that, "Ace was no where to be found..." "Ace left the studio to play cards...", He also left the movie set at least once if not more, they had to shoot a scene with a black guy in Ace's makeup in the "Phantom" movie, you can see it's not Ace.

IME, you can't be in a band if everyone isn't on the same plan; either it's fun or a business or both within reason.

back in the day I was in a band, the singer was practically homeless, another guy in the band got him a job, and he kept spending his money on crap; he was always arguing with his girlfriend, which also spilled over into band practice many times, and even during shows. I raised this frequently, nothing changed; one day, I just got my gear, and left without saying a word, then moved several states away before the band even knew I was gone...

Last edited:
I do feel bad for Ace in a way. He's fried his brain from prolonged drug and drink abuse. He can barely string together a sentence let alone a decent solo anymore. Plays behind the beat as if his brain is always a beat out haha. Still a cool guy, I just feel bad for him.

Gene and Paul where mainly sober, as was Vinnie through most of the 80s but STILL turned out similarly to Ace. Unable to play or convey ideas properly.

Reactions: rsm
i remember thinking paul sounded like a female woody allen, ace sounded like bugs bunny and peter sounded like he had hay fever.
all really bad at acting too!
Peter's voice was dubbed because he was so out of it. Really horrible movie but at that age, hell I didn't care. Back then anytime you could see them outside of a magazine, posters or record cover is was must see TV.

I do feel bad for Ace in a way. He's fried his brain from prolonged drug and drink abuse. He can barely string together a sentence let alone a decent solo anymore. Plays behind the beat as if his brain is always a beat out haha. Still a cool guy, I just feel bad for him.

Gene and Paul where mainly sober, as was Vinnie through most of the 80s but STILL turned out similarly to Ace. Unable to play or convey ideas properly.
I love Ace, always will but I don't feel bad for him. Hard for me to feel bad for people who continually screw up second chances and toss away what so many musicians worked their butts off for, then complain about it. Same with Vinnie, I loved that short era of Creatures and LIU...as I said above the Creatures tour was amazing because they were playing for their careers. Never heard them better. And I really like "alot" of the unmasked era alot of great tunes and some good tours during that era. As a Kiss fan though, glad it's over.

Last edited:
Back