AC/DC Flick of the Switch studio footage.

My daughter loved AC/DC until her friends said it’s not cool
I see a lot of kids today.. like elementary school age even.. wearing AC/DC and Def Leppard shirts. I always ask them if they like them and they say yes.. then I ask what is their favorite song and they say they don't know them but think the shirt is cool.

How could you not love this band? Funny story from high school. When they came around on tour with white lion opening…the school newspaper did an article about how awesome white lion was and how AC/DC sucked. Probably about an hour after that dude got his ass beat in the bathroom for talking shit about AC/DC. We take our music seriously around here.

Easily my favorite AC/DC album and the only one I listen to on purpose to this day. Think I may have seen this for the first time on Friday Night Videos. If not, I caught it on Night Flight.

:2thumbsup:
Its my second favorite AC/DC studio album and actually their heaviest really as it's more like heavy metal AC/DC:rock:

I remember seeing the Flick of the Switch music video when it first came out late one night on some NBC music video show. Feel in love with the song and went right out and bought the album. My favorite ACDC song and album since. I love that @burger uses the Flick of the Switch riff in his demos.

Looks familiar:

Such a killer tune as well. I might get some flack for this and as much as I liked Bon Scott but I actually prefer Brian Johnsons vocals and his delivery more!

How could you not love this band? Funny story from high school. When they came around on tour with white lion opening…the school newspaper did an article about how awesome white lion was and how AC/DC sucked. Probably about an hour after that dude got his ass beat in the bathroom for talking shit about AC/DC. We take our music seriously around here.
That conduct is totally unacceptable and exclusionary. Those White Lion fans deserved an equal or greater beatdown for liking White Lion.

Yeah agreed, how could you not like it....will always be badass, a benchmark....we need more of that in this day and age...REAL rock n' roll.......and at the same time, leave Vito Bratta out of it, he was fuckin' awesome/the man!....Fuck off if that bunches your panties 🖕 😂

Yeah agreed, how could you not like it....will always be badass, a benchmark....we need more of that in this day and age...REAL rock n' roll.......and at the same time, leave Vito Bratta out of it, he was fuckin' awesome/the man!....Fuck off if that bunches your panties 🖕 😂
Curse of the 80’s…too many great guitarists in too many gay bands.

Awesome guitarist but white lion was a poser band back then. Sounds crazy I know….white lion, winger, slaughter, extreme….back then they were considered posers….fuck…I have not heard that word in forever…poser….lol….

Inject the Venom is one of my faves from that 81-85 period. It's impossible to listening to it quietly - a mandatory requirement for rock n' roll.

Dude, that downward finger slide at the start of the solo got me pregnant when I first heard it. Had only just got my period too. That stain on the seat sure wan’t ….Coca Cola.

Inject the Venom is one of my faves from that 81-85 period. It's impossible to listen to it quietly - a mandatory requirement for rock n' roll.

Hell yeah! That's long been one of my favourites too. That cannon-like snare at about the 30 second mark before the song really kicks into gear... damn !

Sonically, I think the For Those About to Rock record is the most powerful and amazing album of their career. Flick of the Switch is an enjoyable listen too, just more stripped down and doesn't sound as big to me. The songs on both are equally great though.

Hell yeah! That's long been one of my favourites too. That cannon-like snare at about the 30 second mark before the song really kicks into gear... damn !

Sonically, I think the For Those About to Rock record is the most powerful and amazing album of their career. Flick of the Switch is an enjoyable listen too, just more stripped down and doesn't sound as big to me. The songs on both are equally great though.
FTATR is too heavy in the ass. It plods. They went too big on the drums. Flick of the Switch nails the band balance. They also went too far on Fly on the Wall but the guitars are so vicious sounding, I still love it.

Curse of the 80’s…too many great guitarists in too many gay bands.
To each their own.
Awesome guitarist but white lion was a poser band back then. Sounds crazy I know….white lion, winger, slaughter, extreme….back then they were considered posers….fuck…I have not heard that word in forever…poser….lol….
Metal and Hard Rock have a lot of different subgenres, I love/loved many from a lot of different styles and levels of heaviness, and so did some of the biggest metalheads I grew up with. A MF trying to be "hard core" or a bs social club instead of about the MUSIC itself, that's what a poser is, tryna be king of the sausage fest. I welcome ANYONE who would support the genre and support these bands/players! THE GUITAR and musicianship/chops is what differentiates the REAL players from the glam(that's what we used to call it)/fashion, CAN YOU PLAY, did you love it enough to put in the WORK.... "I'm heavier because I bought an 11 string and sub woofer fart box for my tone" but can't play shit is a poser, not the kid who spent 8 hours playing till his fingers bled for nothing but the love of it.

To each their own.

Metal and Hard Rock have a lot of different subgenres, I love/loved many from a lot of different styles and levels of heaviness, and so did some of the biggest metalheads I grew up with. A MF trying to be "hard core" or a bs social club instead of about the MUSIC itself, that's what a poser is, tryna be king of the sausage fest. I welcome ANYONE who would support the genre and support these bands/players! THE GUITAR and musicianship/chops is what differentiates the REAL players from the glam(that's what we used to call it)/fashion, CAN YOU PLAY, did you love it enough to put in the WORK.... "I'm heavier because I bought an 11 string and sub woofer fart box for my tone" but can't play shit is a poser, not the kid who spent 8 hours playing till his fingers bled for nothing but the love of it.
as a teenager in the 80's it was different. Lot of bands I would not listen to at all. Now that I'm older and looking back on it I miss it. Lots of good music. I was listening to classic rock and speed and thrash back then. The hair bands not so much. But those bands now compared to a lot of todays music are on another level. And I'm getting nostalgic also....

Back