Van Halen 2013-04-20 Stone Music Festival, ANZ Stadium Sydney, Australia - Pro-shot

JohnnyGtar

Van Halen 2013-04-20 Stone Music Festival, ANZ Stadium Sydney, Australia
Pro-shot

This was posted on YouTube yesterday. I'm only 2 tracks in so far but damn this is good stuff. Wolf is a little hot in the mix but I can live with that since I like his bass work in Van Halen.

I was at that gig, Aerosmith preceded VH. They were impressively good and the sound was great.

VH started, and it was a hot mess sonically - figured they'd sort it out in a song or two. Nope - I actually left after Eruption. The terrible sound, along with Dave's cringey performance was too much to take. I liked them better with Cherone 14 years prior. Now that's a sad statement.

Seems I only missed a few songs. No regrets, 1:30:50 says it all.

Last edited:
I was at that gig, Aerosmith preceded VH. They were impressively good and the sound was great.

VH started, and it was a hot mess sonically - figured they'd sort it out in a song or two. Nope - I actually left after Eruption. The terrible sound, along with Dave's cringey performance was too much to take. I liked them better with Cherone 14 years prior. Now that's a sad statement.

Seems I only missed a few songs. No regrets, 1:30:50 says it all.

Gotta agree with you.

1998 VHIII live was way better than that mess.
As much as I hated Gary prancing around the stage like a woman, the whole performance beat this show, in my opinion. Although, Eddie sounds good and his tone is ok.

Dave should just stick to his vocal parts instead of trying desperately to prove he has more range than he does…
Eddie and Alex must’ve cringed listening to him sing these last few tours.

Back