NAD! Amplified Nation Ampliphonix & Gain - VIDEO ADDED

Please be kind. No planning or production. Just did this with my phone quickly for a distant friend, but couldn't share it due to size, so I just put it up on YouTube so I could share it with him. The playing is full of clams, but the tone still comes across pretty well despite the YouTube filters. This is only one very very small example of what this amp is capable of. It truly could be considered 2 amps in one box. The Ampliphonix side is the best Dumble Bassman ever and the Gain side is the best plexi every. This amp defies verbal description. It just has to be played to be fully appreciated. It's so tactile, and it sounds dramatically different with every cab, guitar, speaker and pickup change. If you can't find your sound with this amp, you're just not looking hard enough. It can do it all, IMHO.

Amp sounds great!! You made the move and got one, nice man! I was eyeing the one on SF Craigslist.

After going back and listening to this video I really feel the need to apologize for the playing. I didn't realize how bad it was until a later listen, and quite frankly, it's embarrassingly bad, but it is up, so I'll leave it until I can get the time to record something better. I appreciate the kind comments on the amp / tone and not letting my poor preparation detract from what is easily one of the best amps I've owned or played in my lifetime.:doh:

After going back and listening to this video I really feel the need to apologize for the playing. I didn't realize how bad it was until a later listen, and quite frankly, it's embarrassingly bad, but it is up, so I'll leave it until I can get the time to record something better. I appreciate the kind comments on the amp / tone and not letting my poor preparation detract from what is easily one of the best amps I've owned or played in my lifetime.:doh:
who gives a fuck. Sounded killer to me and I thought you ripped it.

what an amp! Congrats, man. That's a killer rig!

bravo for putting yourself out there. I'm a huge chicken, i hate hearing myself play. you did great, keep doing it.

It's a been quite a while since I've posted any kind of gear review, but this amp has been such a shock and inspiration to me that I had to post something. I've owned nearly every notable manufacturer there has been over the last 30 or 40 years. Plexi clones, Fender clones, AC clones, Trainwreck clones, and of course I've run the gamete of Dumble clones. I've been through some really killer gear over the years. I've written many reviews and I had been pretty settled for a long time on my core staple of gear and as a result haven't done a lot of gear buying or reviewing for quite a while.

Well, I have been reinvigorated! Amplified Nation came onto my radar fairly recently. Having gone through nearly every "D" style amp out there I had given up on finding one that really spoke to me - until now! This amp hit that nerve that makes you close your eyes, listen to your tone, feel every nuance and just play the hell of a guitar with a huge smile on your face, never wanting it to end.

This amp is the Amplified Nation Ampliphonix & Gain, EL34, 50 watt head. The Ampliphonix (Bassman) channel is the most ridiculously good Fender tone I've ever heard or felt. The pristine cleans are amazing. The overdriven cleans are so good it takes all I have to make myself stop and put the guitar away. The Gain (hot rodded plexi) channel, has more gain than I need by 12:00 on the gain knob. And she's super dynamic and tasty with the gain rolled back to about 09:00, which is still plenty hot even with a single coils. She sounds amazing with a strat, a tele or a Les Paul. A truly remarkable and versatile amplifier to say the least.

Yes, this is a honey moon rant, but I've been through enough gear in my nearly 60 years that I don't get too excited even during the honey moon phase at this point in my life. But, this amp really has hit my ears and fingers in a way I haven't experienced before and I'm loving it. I will do my best to post some clips in the not too distant future when time allows.

I am now thinking I need an Overdrive Reverb and a Steel String Stinger!!! I think Taylor Cox and I are going to have a long and wonderful relationship. And speaking of Mr. Cox; he's been one of the most accessible and friendly builders I've had the pleasure of conversing with. He was incredibly helpful and patient when discussing which amp to choose going on my description of what I was looking for. He's quick to respond and enthusiastically answers any questions. A real top notch individual.
Cool amp but the effects loop is useless when to turn the gain up. I was getting close to selling mine but this Klein-Ulator built by Ceriatone seems to have fixed the issue.
The Kleinulator basically mods the passive loop to an active one with control of send and return signals.
I haven’t had the Kleinulator that long but it seems like it’s doing what I need.

Attachments

• IMG_7696.jpeg
    IMG_7696.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7523.jpeg
    IMG_7523.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Cool amp but the effects loop is useless when to turn the gain up. I was getting close to selling my Amplified Nation amp but this Klein-Ulator built by Ceriatone fixed the issue. The Kleinulator turns the effects loop from a passive to active one with full control of send and return signals.
It’s a brilliant piece of gear.
The FX loop in my AN is now as good as my other amps
Fortunately, I've had zero issues with the loop in my amp, but this is good to know if I ever do.

Back