I could do a top 5 easy but for top 3?

Uber Ultra
VHT 100CL
Monomyth modded Origin probably
Man… I’m in the same boat. 3 is tough.

1) Rev E recto
2) Ground Zero SLP MOAB+ tied with Monomyth Skeleton Key
3) Uber Ultra

Personal taste. I know some people will think I’m crazy not putting the MTL, hermansson, or my IIc++ here.

Man… I’m in the same boat. 3 is tough.

1) Rev E recto
2) Ground Zero SLP MOAB+ tied with Monomyth Skeleton Key
3) Uber Ultra

Personal taste. I know some people will think I’m crazy not putting the MTL, hermansson, or my IIc++ here.
Yeah top three is really hard because there's so many sick amps I've had. I put the monomyth in front of the Fortin Cali and the Mi megalith along with many other great amps.

The perfect amp for many. No nonsense for the one trick pony like me.

I do however like many options at the same time to suit the room or guitar or whatever. The problem with that for me is I find myself turning knobs and saying kewl bruh more than playing my guitar. The upside: really dialing it in exactly how I like it.
Fryette does sell a mod that simple to install and it makes it a two channel amplifier with a foot switch that allows you to switch from less to more. They used to be $40 I don't know what they are now

Yea for real. Had a metro jtm45 with mustards and old glass that I still regret selling
I hear that, George does great work. I've got a superplex, insane amp. But at the same time I can't stop thinking about a lead spec 50w in the plexi/early metal panel camp

The one ‘70’s Dumble ODS I tried was in a league of its own to what I’ve tried so far, but for high gain I’d say Rev 1 Uber, Rev C Recto and a tie between my Wizard Hell Razor KT150 and Hermansson modded Rev F Triple Recto (gotta get the right donor amp imo). I’d put the iic+ just after those 4. This one no name modded 72 SuperLead 50 I tried would probably be top 3 if I had it and AB’ed vs my other favorites

OG Amps:
  1. 1970 Marshall 1959 Super Lead
  2. 1983 Mesa Mark IIC+ DRGX
  3. 2002 Diezel VH4 Blueface Spec
  • Honorable Mention: 1987 Marshall 2550 Silver Jubilee

Modern Amps:
  1. Friedman Naked
  2. Carstens Grace
  3. Headfirst Alta
I forgot about the silver jubilee. It isn't the amp for me or my music preference, but the tone still haunts me. Playing Rush or zeppelin, it is great.

Very tough one, when I look back and think about the ones that put a big smile on my face the first time i tried them...I still own all 3 and in no particular order:

1. 1997 Bogner Ecstasy 101B
2. Fryette Deliverance D60I with choke
3. Friedman Custom (a one off that is a brighter and meaner BE DLX 100 I got from Hellzington)

Pretty tough to name 3, but I'd have to go with 3 that have remained (or sold and re-purchased) through the years as others have come and gone.

• Diezel Hagen
  • Soldano SLO
  • KSR Artemis II

What about that Cameron Aldrich modded early ‘70’s SuperLead you had? How’d you like that vs those 2 Cameron Jose’s?
I loved the Aldrich I had, it was killer, but there was one Jose in particular that would make you shit if you heard it. It wasn’t about just being high gain, it had an unbelievable tone. I know who owns it and they won’t part with it. I wish he would make some clips. I regret moving it.

Top 3 for at home tone for tones sake:

Diezel Herbert MK I
Koch Supernova
Diezel VH4 (latest revision)

Top 3 for practical / live applications:

Peavey 5150 II
Mesa Mark III (Red Stripe)
Marshall JVM 410H

Top 3 that would likely make my Top 3:

Bogner 101B
Wizard Modern Classic
Modded Mesa Recto (Ground Zero or Hermansson)

Back