NGD Engl Inferno

stratjacket

Arrived yesterday, was able to get it plugged up and going today. Blackout version purchased from Bad.Seed (aka Kyle) and it sounds awesome, really digging it. Love the compression and pick attack it brings out. Fun to play.

I have wanted to add an Engl for a while and spent the last 4 or 5 months on the hunt. I had narrowed it down to the Inferno or Artist and when this popped up at the price point, I just couldn't resist.

Nice addition, the others welcomed her in with open arms.
McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 1.jpeg

McDaniel-Auth-Release-of-Info - 2.jpeg

It's got great company!
Glad to hear it showed up safely! I always try to pack as well as I can, but you never really know for sure with these shipping companies:oops:

It's definitely a very compressed amplifier, even for an Engl. Obviously, being the Marty Friedman model, I'm sure this baby was purpose built for easy, searing leads. With that said, I really enjoyed the amp in stock form, and after adding a Thisheavyearth Titan or Guptech PDEQ pedal in the loop (Eq that simulates Resonance/Presence controls) I was able to get that amp where I was really digging it!

Thanks again for your purchase, and for your patience! Lol

Also, shameless ad - if anyone has a QC and is interested, I have shot a 10-capture QC pack with this amp, 10 very different tones trying to capture all the ground this amp is able to cover from crunchy rock tones all the way to death metal and/or chainsaw tones. Price is $5 for the pack, shoot me a DM if you'd like more info!

Is it true it sounds and feels like a modded Jose Marshall? I’ve read and heard that many times and it sorta caught my attention but I’m just not an ENGL guy. I know this and the Artist are based off the Blackmore which I had. Marshall-esque voiced sure, but far from a Jose.

Is it true it sounds and feels like a modded Jose Marshall? I’ve read and heard that many times and it sorta caught my attention but I’m just not an ENGL guy. I know this and the Artist are based off the Blackmore which I had. Marshall-esque voiced sure, but far from a Jose.
I actually had a Cameron Jose and Aldrich modded Marshall at the time I had an Inferno and did hear some overlap compared to other Engl's although I honestly returned the amp for that reason of not liking it as much as those amps (hard to rival good Cameron's though and of course a lot more $$), but as far as Engl's go it was my favorite one along with the SE EL34. It did have the qualities Engl's have, but was very well voiced and like others said I remember being better than other Engl's for playing leads (although it didn't have the nuances I like to have for more lead oriented amps)

I've never owned a Joe Modded Marshall, so I couldn't give a good answer. But I do have my 84' JCM800 with Dave being modified now. So maybe able to give a better comparison after I get that back.

It's the only amp I own that does not have a Presence/Septh knob so I'm guessing it's dialed into what Marty likes. Simple controls but sounds good almost no matter how I dial it in.

I can definitely hear the Engl compression sound or whatever you call it that makes Engl's have that "sound". But it's not too much, it does seem like a good cross between a hot-rodded Marshal and an Engl, that's probably a good description.

Back