Do you use your pinky?

Every place i have lived in the last 20 years has basically done the same thing. Nashville, St. Pete Fl, Austin. I guess I got used to it. I got a coupe Austin gigs coming up. All the Californians I know personally are not here to change it to California.
I lived in california for awhile. Loved it. Beautiful, perfect weather. But the superiority was annoying. Not that it is everyone. Usually lower IQ. I was born in texas. It is the last frontier. Well, florida is getting there too, but you can feel the freedom here. Other places so restrictive. You feel smothered by the government. I hold out hope it doesnt come here also.

The perfect thing about austin is it is liberal, but texas very conservative. The balance here is nice, but it is being skewed by the exodus, and i hope i can keep ignoring politics as i have since the bush administration. But the liberal side is getting so ridiculous with all the snowflake shit that republicans are pushing hard. It will come to a head. I just hope i dont have to deal with it.too much

IMG_3931.jpeg

I watched and learned from a lot of Danny Gill videos and he uses his pinky more than any guitarist I've ever seen. I think he uses it more than his ring finger.. especially for rhythm but he bends with it a lot too.

I took lessons from Danny Gill for a little while. Great player. Great teacher. Imagine my surprise when my band booked a gig at the Troubador and I found out his band was opening for us. Yikes.

And I use my pinky all the time for everything. I can bend with it and vibrato with it almost like it is a regular human finger attached to a human hand that I was born with. :) Ignore your pinky or substitute a different finger for it and it will always be weak and near useless.

That being said I have seen many guitarist totally rip and not use their pinkies.

Yeah. It has been over 10 years since i would even go downtown. I still like ft worth ok. But many californians moving here to get away from that hell. But they are smarter and better than us so they are recreating their home.
I got a buddy from North GA who has to go to either Austin or DFW for work fairly often, and he's talking about how much he likes Austin and may want to move is family there. I don't think he realizes what is happening to Texas because of the retarded liberals leaving California and going to places like that and bringing their politics with them.

I got a buddy from North GA who has to go to either Austin or DFW for work fairly often, and he's talking about how much he likes Austin and may want to move is family there. I don't think he realizes what is happening to Texas because of the retarded liberals leaving California and going to places like that and bringing their politics with them.
Maybe he lives in Marjorie Taylor Greene’s district and it’s all relative 😂

The shire is becoming smaller and smaller for all of us.

Back