Egnater rebel 30

Tony

Hello guys,
I am new at the forum.
I need some help with an Egnater rebel 30 problem.
The crunch channel does not react, the clean channel sound very well but when you switch to the chrunch channel there is not sound.
Anyone had experience that with this amp?.
Thank you
Tony

I'm no expert but I would check preamp tubes first. I just had an issue with my egnater vengeance with feedback on the gain channel. I swapped power tubes with a spare set and replaced the PI tube with another and it went away.

Hello Jack , Thank you for your help, thinking that this was the reason I changed all the tubes and did'nt work, i sent it to a technician and he could not fixed, he said that he was not able to get the electrical drawing of one specific part of the amp so I decided to bring it back home and use like that but I miss the crunch channel, so I am tryng to find the possible cause, thabl you anyway

damn Tony that sucks. And your tech would not open it up and look at it? Do you feel confident enough to open it up and look at it? Might be a capacitor. Look at them and see if any of them are bad...swollen tops. Take what I'm saying with a grain of salt because I have no experience with this stuff...lol...

Hello Guys,
Thank you for your help, it is appreciated.
I do not want to open it as I am afraid to cause more problems, as the technician did not find any obvious problem I think that maybe it is not a good idea as I have no experience at all!.
I think that could be a good Code001 suggestion of emailing Bruce Egnater, I hope to hear that he will answer, I had tried to get more information on Egnater page without luck.
Maybe they can send me the electrical drawing of the affected part and I could try to send it to to the technician, it looks that it is not an easy thing to diagnose.
Thank you very much for the help.
Regards
Tony

Back