Yo Von…

As relevant as ever
hnN2JPB.jpg

I guess I’m confused by the way you guys keep using “models”.
It’s all the same “model”. Earth doesn’t have different rules than other planets. It’s all the same.
You wish to engage with acceptance in arguments that are meaningless to me. I am ok with your decisions but I do not subscribe to any model or theory proposed by science about the heavens.

Chaco canyon was full of human sacrifice. The pagans always look to the stars to for answers. When are you guys going to quit dodging the Lord and become orthodox?

You wish to engage with acceptance in arguments that are meaningless to me. I am ok with your decisions but I do not subscribe to any model or theory proposed by science about the heavens.

Chaco canyon was full of human sacrifice. The pagans always look to the stars to for answers. When are you guys going to quit dodging the Lord and become orthodox?
Don’t let him bring ya down man. You have your reasons for your beliefs, he just has a bunch of faggy strawmans.

No one knows how the universe was started. The answer could very well be that God did it. To me, that wouldn’t change the accurate observations that are being made about things that are happening around us, on this planet or billions of light years away. For me the thing I can’t get by is believing that the earth has special circumstances. That I can’t get on board with

Are the Orthodox prohibited from speculating or studying the nature and origins of the cosmos?

When are you guys going to quit dodging the Lord and become orthodox?
I ain't dodging I just don't believe Yahweh exists. But if Jesus came on a horse in the sky with swords coming out of his mouth and striking down nations I'd probably change my mind.

I ain't dodging I just don't believe Yahweh exists. But if Jesus came on a horse in the sky with swords coming out of his mouth and striking down nations I'd probably change my mind.
I'm having problems with 504 server connections the past two days here so forgive me I'm a little slow cause the pages aren't loading well at all.

No, orthodoxy does not prohibit the study of the cosmos.

Like all non believers I have met you want a sign. Or you claim you do. How many nights have you spent deep in prayer asking for that sign? How many days did you spend fasting hoping the Lord would come to you? Let me speculate for a second: none. You don't want a sign, you want Santa Claus. God performed many miracles in the sight of the Israelites on the Exodus from Egypt and they still did not believe, they still did not trust, they still instead built a golden calf to please themselves. A god of their own making. Then, when God performed many signs and wonder, they were in dread, and wanted none of it, so he sent Christ who did not cause dread, and he also was rejected. Your disbelief therefore is part of the human condition.

Perhaps if you spend all night saying your Jesus prayer in earnest and maybe the Lord will pay you a visit. I'll be back later, if the site will let me.

Right on time.
Anyways, it’s been a fun walk down memory lane, yall are special I’ll give ya that. but I’m gonna go back to treating this section of the forum like a slutty ex that lets you do buttstuff when she’s drunk, and only check in on ya when I’m bored enough.
Cheers fuckbois

Right on time.
Anyways, it’s been a fun walk down memory lane, yall are special I’ll give ya that. but I’m gonna go back to treating this section of the forum like a slutty ex that lets you do buttstuff when she’s drunk, and only check in on ya when I’m bored enough.
Cheers fuckbois
I still don't believe for one minute you're the same Aynirar from TGP.

:poop:

Like all non believers I have met you want a sign. Or you claim you do. How many nights have you spent deep in prayer asking for that sign? How many days did you spend fasting hoping the Lord would come to you? Let me speculate for a second: none. You don't want a sign, you want Santa Claus. God performed many miracles in the sight of the Israelites on the Exodus from Egypt and they still did not believe, they still did not trust, they still instead built a golden calf to please themselves. A god of their own making. Then, when God performed many signs and wonder, they were in dread, and wanted none of it, so he sent Christ who did not cause dread, and he also was rejected. Your disbelief therefore is part of the human condition.
It’s true that many supposedly saw the miracles and still didn’t believe, or believed but didn’t obey. Likewise even if I believed Yahweh existed, I’d have a problem doing what he wanted, given what I think about him. I’m pretty anti-Yahweh. But I think I understand why many follow him, and I often respect that.

It’s true that many supposedly saw the miracles and still didn’t believe, or believed but didn’t obey. Likewise even if I believed Yahweh existed, I’d have a problem doing what he wanted, given what I think about him. I’m pretty anti-Yahweh. But I think I understand why many follow him, and I often respect that.
I always appreciate your honesty. I was probably a little brash with my post, apologies if it came off that way but I have many atheist friends who repeated the "need a sign first" verbatim so maybe I jumped on you a bit aggressively about it. If there is anyone who can take it, you would be the guy. Maybe we can go into detail about it one of these days in another thread. I would enjoy that.

I always appreciate your honesty. I was probably a little brash with my post, apologies if it came off that way but I have many atheist friends who repeated the "need a sign first" verbatim so maybe I jumped on you a bit aggressively about it. If there is anyone who can take it, you would be the guy. Maybe we can go into detail about it one of these days in another thread. I would enjoy that.
Haha, no worries. I agree, one has to have the heart first, then the intellect, which I appreciate. But sure, I’m up for chatting whenever. In a nutshell if it turns out God is going to judge me I’d state my case and hope for the best.

I don't believe in gods, spirits, deities, ghosts, devils, Satan, witches, elves, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Dracula, vampires, or anything else metaphysical. I get that that probably does not make sense to a lot of you guys but hopefully you will still consider me a friend. But don't pray for me. :dunno:

I don't believe in gods, spirits, deities, ghosts, devils, Satan, witches, elves, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, Dracula, vampires, or anything else metaphysical. I get that that probably does not make sense to a lot of you guys but hopefully you will still consider me a friend. But don't pray for me. :dunno:
I believe in all those things except for the easter bunny. And I"m a contrarian so once you tell me not to pray for you now you gotta problem my man, lol

Not sure how you can't believe in witches at least. Plenty of people practice witchcraft and wicca so it seems kinda obvious to me that witches are real, at least in the sense they believe they are witches.

Haha, no worries. I agree, one has to have the heart first, then the intellect, which I appreciate. But sure, I’m up for chatting whenever. In a nutshell if it turns out God is going to judge me I’d state my case and hope for the best.

You can state your case but the human condition is one of failure so you need somebody on your bond. You mentioned not knowing Yahweh but the reality is he is unknowable except through Christ. That's pretty much basic christian theology 101.

I find it kind of sad how many of my countrymen have fallen into unbelief all the while out country unravels. The commonality of faith was kind of the glue that was holding our entire culture together and now that it's been abandoned our nation is falling to pieces and yet no one seems to grasp that. Everyone goes their own way. As the bible says "the people had no king and everyone did what was right in their own eyes" Judges 21:25. It was a time of great difficulty for the nation of Israel. It is a time of great difficulty here and yet no one wants to change course. I wonder if the disaster that awaits will change any minds? I doubt it. They were eating and drinking and marrying until the flood swept them all away, just as in the days of Noah.

Back