1st Minute of Babe I’m Gonna Leave You by Led Zeppelin

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

I have never fingerpicked in life and this was an absolute humbling experience

Just focused on figuring each note/chord arpeggiation by ear and it came together over 3 weeks

The brilliance of Page is absolutely stunning the more I learn of his songs…absolutely ahead of his time

Plenty of work left to clean this part up and then also learn the other 5 minutes and 41 seconds lol

But just super proud of getting this far…wild to see myself playing a song I’ve so admired for an eternity!

Reactions: Geo
Heck yeah bro, I dig it. Joan Baez song originally I think….of course it’s a whole new level with them….pink actually does an excellent cover of it also. I did a lot of finger picking….my first 7 years or so of playing I never used a pick…great job and really enjoyed the clip.

Heck yeah bro, I dig it. Joan Baez song originally I think….of course it’s a whole new level with them….pink actually does an excellent cover of it also. I did a lot of finger picking….my first 7 years or so of playing I never used a pick…great job and really enjoyed the clip.

Thanks for listening/watching!

Holy shit, I had no idea it was a cover. I just learned so much about this song I’ve listened to for ages!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_I%27m_Gonna_Leave_You#:~:text=%22Babe%20I'm%20Gonna%20Leave,of%20styles%2C%20including%20Led%20Zeppelin.

I’ve honestly been listening to this song for so long, it was beyond cathartic to actually play it!

Do you have any go to finger picking songs btw? Any clips you’d consider sharing?

@Donnie B thanks! I know what you mean about it sounding hard…it’s just surreal to play it for me because I’ve always looked up to it. Glad I spent the time figuring it out but plenty more work left to learn the rest.

@Techdeth this is strange because I’ve checked all the settings and nothing says it’s restricted. I do keep seeing that the link says “go to Instagram” to view but I’ve not got any special restrictions turned on. Sorry for the hassle

@Donnie B thanks! I know what you mean about it sounding hard…it’s just surreal to play it for me because I’ve always looked up to it. Glad I spent the time figuring it out but plenty more work left to learn the rest.

@Techdeth this is strange because I’ve checked all the settings and nothing says it’s restricted. I do keep seeing that the link says “go to Instagram” to view but I’ve not got any special restrictions turned on. Sorry for the hassle
It’s ok bro

Thanks for listening/watching!

Holy shit, I had no idea it was a cover. I just learned so much about this song I’ve listened to for ages!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babe_I%27m_Gonna_Leave_You#:~:text=%22Babe%20I'm%20Gonna%20Leave,of%20styles%2C%20including%20Led%20Zeppelin.

I’ve honestly been listening to this song for so long, it was beyond cathartic to actually play it!

Do you have any go to finger picking songs btw? Any clips you’d consider sharing?
Man all I have is cell phone videos. Country and bluegrass is big here so for every one of us rockers there’s at least ten pickers. I got started learning wildwood flower and some other tunes. Also zep and skynnerd…. I don’t have any style but by finger picking all these songs it taught me how to walk in to each of them. As well as adding some accent notes also. When I say walk in I’m talking about changing chords. Sorry I’m slightly retarded and have trouble explaining anything technical.

Man all I have is cell phone videos. Country and bluegrass is big here so for every one of us rockers there’s at least ten pickers. I got started learning wildwood flower and some other tunes. Also zep and skynnerd…. I don’t have any style but by finger picking all these songs it taught me how to walk in to each of them. As well as adding some accent notes also. When I say walk in I’m talking about changing chords. Sorry I’m slightly retarded and have trouble explaining anything technical.

Nothing retarded about what you said, makes perfect sense!

Love 90s country (Joe Diffie etc.) and definitely enjoy bluegrass style but never got exposed to it. Any favorite artists?

Post cell phone clips dude, I love hearing/seeing others play with their style!

Back