Be 100 DLX question

Steve560

Hi everyone,

I bought one of the first BE100 DLX amps last year when it was released. It's my first Friedman amp. Since then, I'm struggling a little with what I get out of this amp. I see the top quality of the Be100 and also there is enough gain and everything is working great so far but somehow I'm missing some of the nasty upper and aggressive mids, that I was expecting. Beside the Friedman I have a Bogner XTC 20th and a Soldano SLO and with both amps its much easier to get into that tonal range. The Friedman is in contrast very balanced and even sounding and changing presence highs or mids doesn't really do too much. I have a Bogner 4x12 Vintage30 box, that I'm using with all 3 amps.

Would you say, that this is simply the character of Be100 amps or should I try another cabinet with vintage30 and greenbacks?

That’s the character of the amp. The new Jake E Lee amp might be a better choice for you.

I also found that the BE100-Deluxe sounds a bit "polite" for my liking. Was missing that grind in the mids that I love so much about the JJ100 (which is what I ended buying again, after I sold my Deluxe)

I have played a few Friedman amps but never played a Deluxe. For my liking the JJ is by far my favorite of them all and is the closest to my stock JCM800 Marshall...the JJ has them mids you are looking for I think!

Hi Dave,

what setting would you recommend? Would it be possible to mod my BE100 DLX? Don't want to sell it!;-) But, I'm located in Germany, so, not so easy to ship my amp.

frequency left
response right
sat on if you want jbe
BE channel
voice center
all other switches off
thump at about 1 to 2 o'clock
rest to taste
try the system volume on 8 and and use channel masters to start
presence a bit higher then a normal jj

RACKSYSTEMS":19adnisf said:
frequency left
response right
sat on if you want jbe
BE channel
voice center
all other switches off
thump at about 1 to 2 o'clock
rest to taste
try the system volume on 8 and and use channel masters to start
presence a bit higher then a normal jj

Ouch. The standard BE has enough switches for me.

michael corpse":24abl94a said:
I just picked up a 100 deluxe and have no problem getting a very nasty sound growl out of it. Seems loaded with mids to me. ?

Just pop in some chinise to the first 2 preamp positions, nasty hi pitched squesl almost granted. No mids :)

michael corpse":3pg8jydm said:
I just picked up a 100 deluxe and have no problem getting a very nasty sound growl out of it. Seems loaded with mids to me. ?
Yep, me too.
Might change 2 of the V30's for greenbacks in the Bogner cab, they are a great mix for that amp, and should still sound great with all the heads you listed.

I can attest. I brought my JJ100 in to compare it to the BE100 DLX last year, maybe September and the BE100 can do JJ100's tones. I kept the JJ100 and the only reason it wasn't a tougher call is because I could only keep one and I'd have lost some cash flipping the JJ100. But man, all of Guitar Center was coming in to hear the DLX that afternoon. We had it slammin through the Friedman 4x12 and it was glorious.

I didn't try to coax JJ100 sounds out of the BE100 DLX, and maybe we should have tried with those settings, but both were killer.

Do not hesitate to grab the DLX if you got the scratch. ...Or the JJ.

I have not played through a JJ yet, but I tried those settings and it was dam good at volume

Back