Cameron Atomica Extremely Noisy

keennay

Hey all,

I've had my Atomica for a few months now but haven't had the chance to really play with it until this past weekend. For whatever reason this amp is extremely noisy regardless of my gain channel or preamp knob setting. Even when I mute the strings with my palm, there's noise that still gets through. I was wondering if this was typical for other Atomica owners & who would this go to for maintenance?

Here's what I've done:
  • Swapped preamp/power tubes
  • Swapped guitars (no pedals or anything else in the guitar chain)
  • Swapped cables
  • Running off Furman P-1800 AR & P-1800 PK R units

No change. It reminds me of when I used to plug two Tube Screamers into my Marshall JMP... Feedback CITY!

keennay":1rby3oyr said:
Hey all,

I've had my Atomica for a few months now but haven't had the chance to really play with it until this past weekend. For whatever reason this amp is extremely noisy regardless of my gain channel or preamp knob setting. Even when I mute the strings with my palm, there's noise that still gets through. I was wondering if this was typical for other Atomica owners & who would this go to for maintenance?

Here's what I've done:
  • Swapped preamp/power tubes
  • Swapped guitars (no pedals or anything else in the guitar chain)
  • Swapped cables
  • Running off Furman P-1800 AR & P-1800 PK R units

No change. It reminds me of when I used to plug two Tube Screamers into my Marshall JMP... Feedback CITY!

I have not played mine in quite some time since I acquired the Gower Killer Kali++, but I do not remember it being real noisy at all. I will check it out tonight to make sure my memory has not tricked me as I am getting old!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: As far as maintenance goes, if needed, I would think you would have to send it to Dave Friedman?

Well I fired up the Atomica and no issues!! Damn this is an awesome amp!! As stated by LP Freak, I would contact Dave Friedman on this.

No problem with mine, either.

Call Dave F. and see if he has any other tricks that he can recommend trying, prior to shipping to California.

OUTLAW1969":l2y82r4c said:

Call Dave F. and see if he has any other tricks that he can recommend trying, prior to shipping to California.

metalmaniac93":l2y82r4c said:
Well I fired up the Atomica and no issues!! Damn this is an awesome amp!! As stated by LP Freak, I would contact Dave Friedman on this.

What do you guys know about amps anyway. Both of "yous" got an atomica, one a KK++, the other,
"MY" KK++... A JCM800 is shipping over the Atlantic tomorrow to the UK strangely enough.

bhuard75":1s8vkib0 said:
OUTLAW1969":1s8vkib0 said:

metalmaniac93":1s8vkib0 said:

What do you guys know about amps anyway. Both of "yous" got an atomica, one a KK++, the other,
"MY" KK++... A JCM800 is shipping over the Atlantic tomorrow to the UK strangely enough.

We know nothing!!! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

That is awesome Bobby!! KK++ mod or something else?

Back