Casters and amp covers- where to get? Renegade & Tourmaster

Stevenow

I purchased a tourmaster 2x12 cab, and it didn't have a cover or the casters. I also got a renegade head. I contacted Egnater, they said to contact Guitar Center, Guitar Center said to contact Egnater.....ugh......

Any have or know where I can get these?

Thanks,

Stevo :doh:

I asked Ian about casters for my TM212 maybe 2-3 weeks ago, and he said any of their storefront retailers can special order them for me. However, I called Music123 to order some, and they said they'd check it out and email me back. The next day I got an email from Musician's Friend (so apparently they're affiliated) telling me that there's a $100 minimum on special orders :lame: . That's as far as I got. If anyone knows of an Egnater retailer that doesn't require a minimum dollar amount for special orders, please post here . . . thanks!

Very frustrating, indeed. I'm hoping that we can get an answer. The guys at Guitar Center said they usually have a bunch laying around from store models, but were out.........special orders are not listed on their computer....

Ian and Bruce said to contact the local retailers. Maybe they are not aware of the disconnect. After all, the buffoons at Guitar Center don't know what anything but a Les Paul or Strat is.......

I just emailed Eganter, and 5 minutes later I got this reply:

• All of our accessories and products can be ordered with Guitar Center very easily. Here is the part number for the casters you need; 105474993 TMCSTR-EG25. This item ID and part number is for one (1) caster so when you order them at the store you will need to tell the salesperson that you need a set of four (4). If you go to GC and the salesperson doesn't know how to lookup the provided item ID and part number, I would get a manager involved so you can be taken care of. Please contact us if you have any other questions or concerns regarding our product.

:thumbsup:

Nah. I'll just get some at Lowe's and if they have to be cut, that's what angle grinders are for. Getting the attention of some know-nothing douchebag at Guitar Center takes 2 hours, don't have the time to play that crap game, forget it. I'll buy an aftermarket cover, too.

I wouldn't worry about that - I just put this to the test. I called up my local GC and said I wanted to special order the casters. I gave them the part number above, and they brought it up instantly! No brainer . . . as long as you give them the right part number it'll take more like 2 minutes rather than 2 hours. Of course, you have to physically go to the GC store to order - you can't do it over the phone. I'll be ordering mine this week . . .

Ordered the casters from Guitar Center on Friday. Total cost was about $63 including tax & shipping, and the whole process took less than 5 minutes . . . I can live with that! :rock:

You guys are correct on the ordering through a store thing. It will be much smoother if you contact us to get a part number first, since as you mentioned, not everyone working at the stores are the brightest. We just can't sell direct to customers with the accessories. We are happy to sell them, but it has to be through a retailer.

***Reviving this thread almost 12 years since the last post***
I've gone down the road of special ordering a set of casters for the track-lock plates that come stock on the Tourmaster 412A/B and 212 cabs. Just as the thread above explains, I've gone through Guitar Center. Both times I've gotten exactly what I needed. However, it is very expensive. I think I've paid between $80-$90 each time. The wheels don't last long enough for that price. Unbelievably, I have not been able to find good replacement wheels with the correct hub fit. I refuse to pay the special-order price for these again.

Has anyone had success finding good replacement wheels with the proper fit or perhaps the whole caster with the correct plate size and good soft rubber wheels for these cabs without having to fork over $20 per caster?

***Reviving this thread almost 12 years since the last post***
I've gone down the road of special ordering a set of casters for the track-lock plates that come stock on the Tourmaster 412A/B and 212 cabs. Just as the thread above explains, I've gone through Guitar Center. Both times I've gotten exactly what I needed. However, it is very expensive. I think I've paid between $80-$90 each time. The wheels don't last long enough for that price. Unbelievably, I have not been able to find good replacement wheels with the correct hub fit. I refuse to pay the special-order price for these again.

Has anyone had success finding good replacement wheels with the proper fit or perhaps the whole caster with the correct plate size and good soft rubber wheels for these cabs without having to fork over $20 per caster?
Any luck? I’m currently looking for tour master caster replacements.

Back