Diezel Einstein vs Lil Fokker and mode mod question

charvel1984

I think this is my first time posting but I'm a long time reader of this and many forums. I need some help with some Diezel questions. If this has been covered elsewhere forgive me as I didn't find it after searching all weekend.

I just scored a 50w Diezel Einstein head and I'm familiar with folks being disappointed in the lack of footswitchable modes on CH1 and the volume disparity. I know there are mods that can correct this but the only company I see is Kruse Kontrol and I don't feel comfortable shipping across the U.S. and the wait list is likely long. I like the concept of the independent volume/gain concentric pots Kruse uses but I don't want the tone mods at all.

My question is, I already own a Lil Fokker 100w as well as the soon to be picked up Einstein 50w head. I also own a Mesa Head Track so theoretically I could run BOTH amps, 1 cab and the same effects loop thanks to the Mesa pedal. Fokker I think has the better clean, Einstein I think has the better heavy tones?

So the dilemma is whether there is a clear concise schematic/tutorial to mod the Einstein without shipping across America OR if I go with the 2 amp /Head Track solution how would you guys advise setting up the 2 channels on Einstein and Lil Fokker? Fokker CH1 can go from warm clean to vintage breakup and CH2 is similar to the VH4 CH3 with 20% more gain. I'll obviously experiment on my own but I'm looking to get the best clean/classic rock/modern rhythm/saturated lead 4 channel setup I can. If I find someone to mod the Einstein I could have 6 channels :) but that doesn't seem feasible given the lack of amp techs in my area that would be familiar with Diezel amps sadly.

Thanks

Back