Diezel Herbert with Suhr Reactive Load IR

• Thread starter Deleted member 16554
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16554

Bought a Diezel Herbert today and given that it’s rated for 180W output am wondering whether it’s safe to use with my Suhr Reactive Load IR? I’m guessing as long as the volumes are not cranked I should be good?

I’ve seen some older posts from a few years ago saying it is ok to do so but wanted to revisit the topic.

Any current Herbert owners using it with the Suhr Reactive Load IR?

Yep sure am.

It’s actually rated to 150w and says it in the manual; dunno why it’s advertised at 100w.

I’ve had this rig since end of 2020 and run it almost daily with no issues.

I usually run the channel volumes decently high (around 3 o’clock or so) and keep the master volume at around 10 o’clock.

Like I said, no issues whatsoever.

I could see damaging the amp if you were straight blasting it at full volume so I wouldn’t do that.

Enjoy, best rig for practice and recording I’ve ever used; the RLIR is a godsend for guys like us.

Best piece of musical tech I’ve ever purchased.

Yep sure am.

It’s actually rated to 150w and says it in the manual; dunno why it’s advertised at 100w.

I’ve had this rig since end of 2020 and run it almost daily with no issues.

I usually run the channel volumes decently high (around 3 o’clock or so) and keep the master volume at around 10 o’clock.

Like I said, no issues whatsoever.

I could see damaging the amp if you were straight blasting it at full volume so I wouldn’t do that.

Enjoy, best rig for practice and recording I’ve ever used; the RLIR is a godsend for guys like us.

Best piece of musical tech I’ve ever purchased.

Fantastic! Do you have any clips? Can’t wait to get plugged in!

Can you share info on tube life after regular practice, recording and live playing?

That was awesome! Thanks for sharing

Any chance you’d share how many hours you e put on the tubes since you got the amp? Per week usage as well? Assuming still running on original tubes?
One time I used the tubes in my Herbert for 10 years because it still sounded great . Finally when one power tube I had to fix

One time I used the tubes in my Herbert for 10 years because it still sounded great . Finally when one power tube I had to fix
Wow ok, how often/how loud did you use it? Is that normal?

Back