El Estaparios new band

Not sure what I was expecting either....figured something more on the fusion-y side with how technical his chops are.

He's a damn robot. Makes the crazy difficult look almost natural.

This guy listened to a lot of Raunchy growing up…lol
Catchy chorus but ultimately not for me. Just not quite aggressive enough for me and even though the drummer is who he is, I felt extremely underwhelmed by the drum sound. Looks like 2000’s has come back around..🤔

Last edited:
This guy listened to a lot of Raunchy growing up…lol
Catchy chorus but ultimately not for me. Just not quite aggressive enough for me and even though the drummer is who he is, I felt extremely underwhelmed by the drum sound. Looks like 2000’s has come back around..🤔

he seems like a pretty calculated dude, 2000's this would still be too heavy for mass consumption, now though i could see this being huge with a lot of people. i gotta imagine hes gotta get more technical

From 2007

Man I haven’t heard the name Raunchy in a while. Oddly I got their “death pop romance” cd a while back and played the shit out of it, but I am completely unaware of anything else they’ve ever put out

It got me going on a bit of a YT rabbit hole and I came across a Finnish band I had never heard of, called Diablo. Singer definitely has some Hetfield love going on. Their lead guitarist though is pretty incredible. I checked out several songs and every one had a super tasty solo. They make some melodic choices I like that are a little more song friendly and the singer puts actual melody into the roughness.

Back