Engl Fireball 60 strange sharp sound

Nybbas

Hi guys.

Iam using Engl Fireball 60 and today I noticed, that the sound of my amp is somehow very sharp and it wasnt like that before. Basically treble and presence controls are unusable past 12 o clock and even at 9 o clock the sound is very bad. Iam using it with Harley Benton 212 vintage cab (not the best out there, but sound was ok with it till now) and ESP guitar with EMG 81/81 (active).

I was using standard instrument cable as a speaker cable for 3 years without knowing that its wrong (/facepalm), just nobody told me :confused: . I ordered new speaker cable today, but even with instrument cable, sound before was better then it is today.

I was looking for an advice on how to know when to change tubes, or how to know if the capacitors or other parts are bad, but no luck. Amp is working as it should, all tubes are glowing as normal, power tubes warning leds are off, other pots are working normal, so basically I can play with treble and presence rolled down (not that I want to).

I was moving the amp from one practice room to another so something could happen there, but I was careful.

Do you have any ideas what can be wrong? Thanks in advance.

Back