Explaining Edward Van Halen's rig... Cristopher Michael

MrDan666

He also used old Vox's and Musicman heads when he re-amped his main Marshall into them. Mark Cameron posted a pic a while back showing them sat there next to the Marshall. As far as i know.. the H&H poweramps didnt come into play until later, either the end of the Roth era or the beginning of the Hagar era.

Yay! Just what the world needs, another thread about EVH's gear. :LOL: :LOL: The horse has been pulverized, mush, fragments, soon it will be down to splitting atoms and we'll all be dead!!! Really enough with eddies gear, it made him sound good no doubt but damn, enough already. Great player+good vintage marshall+a few individual tricks+nice studio engineering= HOLY SHIT a great rock tone. Excellent talent in the right place at the right time. Enough......really.

I have three 9volt batteries used by Ed on the 1st album. Though they're a bit drained now, THESE were the key to Everything!! (trust me on this one) $10,000 each, or all 3 for $25,000.

TheGainDeli":20nmb5cc said:
"Pretend" has a Golden Earing,meets Pink Floyd,meets The Who sound to it...very cool! But where are the shredding John Sykes style leads? :D

Hey, if you're talking about "Pretend" off of our site (which I'm guessing you are)...then THANX!! Yea...no Sykes-ish action on that one.....but I've been told a few times that the solo on that sounds like George Harrison.....who I've never been compared to or thought about all that much, but I obviously take as a HUGE compliment.

Thanx for checkin' us out!

TheGainDeli":3mbcwkij said:
I agree...it leans heavily into GH's style,and tone.I like it! GH was an extremely underrated artist...IMHO.
Do you remember Cheech & Chong's "Basketball Jones"? If not-check it out on YouTube.
George Harrison on guitar,Billy Preston on the B3 organ,and Carol King on piano,Klaus Voormann on bass(I think?).This was the song that made me want to play guitar in the first place. What a cool tone! GH never "over-played" anything,and always tasteful.A great compliment it is.
I wish I could find a recording of "Basketball Jones" without the kooky vocals...

HOLY S%@T......I haven't heard that since I was a kid, and I've never listened to it seriously. That's REALLY cool. Dr. Harrison took care of biz like a f*cking pro! Thanx for that info!

Back