SOLD! USA Charvel mutt

XSSIVE

FOR SALE, NO TRADES. USA LOWER 48 SHIPPING ONLY.

This is a mutt made up of a whole lot of real USA Charvel parts and an aftermarket 2pc alder body.

The neck is from a real USA Charvel (2008 if I remember correctly) with matching neck plate (serial number 001954, cool number, first year of the strat), neck plate pad and 4 neck screws from that same Charvel that I bought new back when the USA production model Charvels came out. Measures .770” 1st and .826” 12th. It has no fret wear. Tuners are a late 80s or early 90s set of Schallers.

The German made Original Floyd is off a 1984 San Dimas USA Charvel along with the brass volume knob, strap buttons and the hard case that the guitar ships in too. It has a 42mm fat brass block and a modern collar style arm and is set up dive only resting on the body.

It has a 500K Bourns pot and a DiMarzio Tone Zone. It’s had a few different pickguards and pickup layouts over the years. Under the guard it was originally routed HSH then the routes were opened up for SSH, deepened for tall SDS-1 single coils and the bridge hum opened up a bit for different bridge hum placement or slightly angled bridge hums depending on pickguard brand, so there’s a lot of room to play with different layouts if you wanted to change it down the road.

The body is 2pc alder from Musikraft also from back around 2008 or so and it has the proper 80s San Dimas Charvel 3/8” edge radius instead of the usual 1/2” more round radius a Fender Strat body would have. It was painted in nitro by Cris Mirabella and then I reliced it to go with the aged hardware from the ‘84 Charvel and give that Joe Holmes beat up strat vibe. Some of the wear is actually real since I’ve owned this guitar for so long. The forearm rub area has grown quite a bit over the years.

It weighs 7lb 10oz

Ships in a very externally beat up 1984 San Dimas USA Charvel case that’s like new on the inside but has seen some serious use on the outside with a load of “character” (aka it’s cool and beat to snot like the guitar). Just strung up with a fresh set of D’Addario NYXL 9.5-44 strings.

$2500 shipped *SOLD*

Many more pictures on this direct link only page on my website: https://davanzoguitars.com/charvel_001954

2023-12-06+10.14.40-1.jpg

2023-12-06+10.15.34.jpg

2023-12-06+10.17.06.jpg

2023-12-06+10.18.36.jpg

2023-12-06+10.23.00.jpg

Last edited:
If you'd like the guitar with a bridge hum/neck single or hum/single/single layout instead pay for the pickups and switch you want and the pickguard (I already have HxS and HSS guards for it) wiring and install are no charge.

Back