Got it yesterday.

parntz145

My new MC100 got here yesterday. I have about 2 hours on it and this fucker is LOUD as balls. The new gain mod on the trebel pot is great. Gives it an extra kick in the ass. Ill post more once I get into this baby.

You are probably ready to get rid of that CCV now.....

Glad you like the Wiz. Liking mine but everyone else got the feckin MOD but me and Hollywood!

Steve

steve_k":10ejdni8 said:

Glad you like the Wiz. Liking mine but everyone else got the feckin MOD but me and Hollywood!

Steve
That CCV will never go anywhere. Its the best amp I have ever played. I love all my heads that I have, but the CCV just fits me the best. I still have to bond with the Wizard.

Congrats with the MC, nice color. Looking forward to hear what you think after you got some more time with it. Would love to hear a CCV sometime, and it's cool that you have found an amp that you can't part with. It's the same with all amps it's a matter of taste, some bond with the CCV and some don't. Hope you bond with the MC.

I did not get the mod Steve. I could have but actually opted not to. I am sure it is cool. But since I have owned a Wizard once before and only sold for cash reasons I was not worried in getting the mod as it was perfect for me as it was. It takes pedals really well for any additional saturation, compression, etc. you might want to add. The perfect amp IMHO. I know that does not help if you want the mod, but thought I would say it anyway.

:LOL: :LOL:

steve_k":3ls20g5y said:

Steve

ttosh":ot7vo1lv said:
I did not get the mod Steve. I could have but actually opted not to. I am sure it is cool. But since I have owned a Wizard once before and only sold for cash reasons I was not worried in getting the mod as it was perfect for me as it was. It takes pedals really well for any additional saturation, compression, etc. you might want to add. The perfect amp IMHO. I know that does not help if you want the mod, but thought I would say it anyway.

steve_k":ot7vo1lv said:

Steve

Nah, I am good to go with mine. But, I wonder.....

The mod is really good. Its not a night and day difference, but it does give it that over the top that it needs. Either way is cool. If it were me I would get it done.

parntz145":21wvcux5 said:
The mod is really good. Its not a night and day difference, but it does give it that over the top that it needs. Either way is cool. If it were me I would get it done.

Lots more gain, compression, different feel, etc ?

I would say more gain maybe a tad bit of compression. This amp is real open not much compression at all. I was really worried about buying this amp in the first place. Wasnt sure if it would suite me. It doesnt have the saturation that I am used to. Like the Cameron or the Fortin stuff. I have to say the Wizard is a kick ass amp. Sounds really in your face and has balls bigger than my mothers. You hit a chord and your teeth chatter.

I have read some of you guys talking about what cabinet to use. well you should try it through a Bogner Uber cab. Frigging devastating.

steve_k":20ykkb5o said:
ttosh":20ykkb5o said:

steve_k":20ykkb5o said:

Steve

Nah, I am good to go with mine. But, I wonder.....
Yea, it's just like after 10 years of marriage and that hot, young blonde walks by and you go.....hmmm, I wonder? :inlove: :hys:

Hey, I was in the batch of dudes that missed the mod too. Fucking sucks! Gotta wait til July or something. Hope we get some help with the shipping? :D

Metalhead":1r4ynqen said:
Hey, I was in the batch of dudes that missed the mod too. Fucking sucks! Gotta wait til July or something. Hope we get some help with the shipping? :D

shipping can be done domestically...so max would be 50 there/50 back. Not bad. They will drag into and out of Canadaland.
Josh

parntz145":epyu6584 said:
My new MC100 got here yesterday. I have about 2 hours on it and this fucker is LOUD as balls. The new gain mod on the trebel pot is great. Gives it an extra kick in the ass. Ill post more once I get into this baby.

WOW! :rock:

Hey, I have an amp at Wizard for repair right now (shipped there back in Jan). [/quote]

Gary, have you got it back?

You guys who are wondering and asking about this mod should know that Rick has said he will no longer offer the treble pot gain "mod" on the MC100. That is something he will be reserving for the Metal reissue. (along with some other cool stuff)

johnnyjellybean":24couaba said:
You guys who are wondering and asking about this mod should know that Rick has said he will no longer offer the treble pot gain "mod" on the MC100. That is something he will be reserving for the Metal reissue. (along with some other cool stuff)
Thanks for the info. :thumbsup:

Back