Help with VHX midi

rng52465

I purchased a Morningstar MC6 Pro and just want the unit to turn the effects on and off. This is way too complicated for me. Is there anyone who can help? Thanks.

You may be better off asking at the morningstar forum if you haven't already. If you're lucky hopefully someone here will have both. Then you're definitely in the right place! But if not, going to the controller forum is the best bet.

I don't have a VHX, but like almost all MIDI effects things from my very old Digitech stuff, old TC stuff, to my recent Strymons and brand new Chase Bliss things, it's almost always just sending MIDI CC toggle messages of 0-127 on different CCs to turn things on or off (+ MIDI program changes to change patch). You'll no doubt be able to find which CC number is which effect in the manual.

So I'd think everyone on the morningstar forum will know how to do it, just not the specific CCs to use for a VHX, but how to program the morningstar will be far more specific to that unit. e.g. I can tell anyone how to program an RJM, FAMC, or Voodoo lab MIDI controller to control pretty much anything if they can tell me what CC numbers relate to which effect. But I can know an amp or pedal inside out, but if I don't know the MIDI controller I'd have to do a load of reading.

Good luck!

Programming midi can be a pain in the ass. Morningstar forum is gonna help you there as the programming is controller specific. The amp just “listens” to the midi messages. The only thing you might have to consider is the midi offset in the VHX global settings. Some controllers CC’s start at 1 and some start at 0, so the offset let’s you account for that.

You can download the VHX manual which has a list of what each CC corresponds to. The essence is that you should assign a footswitch to the CC you want.

I bought myself a cheap Behringer FCB1010 (I think that’s what it’s called) with a eurekaprom. Kind of a pain at first, but once I figured it out, it’s pretty straightforward.

I bought myself a cheap Behringer FCB1010 (I think that’s what it’s called) with a eurekaprom. Kind of a pain at first, but once I figured it out, it’s pretty straightforward.
for me one of the most powerful controllers for that price range... unfortunately pain in the xxx to program...

I purchased a Morningstar MC6 Pro and just want the unit to turn the effects on and off. This is way too complicated for me. Is there anyone who can help? Thanks.

you have to think the following way, perhaps this helps:

just turning off/on effects, the button need to sent a CC command toggling the value of the respective command you want to change, e.g. turn the VHX into Mute and enable the Tuner would be CC Command #1

---> CC 1 Toggle POWER AMP MUTE and enables TUNER screen.

so just for testing reasons, try to tell the MC6 to sent/toggle CC#1 on foot switch one and test it...

or

CC 18 Toggle FX 1.
CC 19 Toggle FX 2.
CC 20 Toggle FX 3.
CC 21 Toggle FX 4.
CC 22 Toggle FX 5.
CC 23 Toggle FX 6.

Unfortunately the current VHX Manual does not contain a full list of all #CC commands (I think its somewhere more detailed in the Forum here)

as I am using the FCB1010, I have for example a chain of Midi that does the following:

Pressing "1" on the floorboard sent a PC Change to Preset 1, pressing again sent a CC to enable the chorus, pressing again sent same CC to disable Chorus again

or e.g. pressing floorboard button "3" changes PC to Preset 3 (e.g. Channel 3), pressing again sent CC commands to Volume boost and enables Delay...

way too much things you can do basically :)

the MC6 (I am quite sure) can do the same or even more from a short glance into the manual.

you can drop me a message if you like to perhaps assist with some basic midi setups here....

Back