sold

who is this guy? I'd never heard of him and suddenly I'm seeing marshalls and Duel Rectos that have been modded by him popping up all over the place.

who is this guy? I'd never heard of him and suddenly I'm seeing marshalls and Duel Rectos that have been modded by him popping up all over the place.
He is a solo modder out of Sweden. He has been around for a while but his amps have been more fashionable/sought after in the past few years. He has done mods for some pros as well. The Marshalls fetch a high price because he does not do many, it was a 2 year waitlist, he doesn't even do the mods anymore, and the mod itself is extensive and sounds great. He only started doing the rectifier mods within the last couple of years but they have gotten very popular. I have had 4 of his amps and they're rad.

He makes amps that are unmatched in tightness- my recto one is tied as the best amp I’ve played- the Marshall ones aren’t really available any more and a lot of people prefer them

There have been a pretty good number of discussions about him on this forum so a search would help you find some of them (a lot of good discussions/examples of the mods).

One thing to note is the amps with his mods usually get sold pretty quickly (if you were able to find any of the old for sale posts you'll see they sold quickly).

The amps seem to always be in high demand.

I want this amp. How can we make me have it
IMG_4229.gif

View attachment 309570
View attachment 309573
Phenomenal amp. This is a Marshall JMP from 1980 which is rebuilt with the Hermansson 5 gain stage circuit. It's an all-tube distortion circuit, no clipping diodes or transistors.

Features:

• Tightness control

• Punch control

• 3-way tightness range switch

• 3-way punch range switch

• 3-way presence range switch

• 3-way bright switch

• 3-way mid boost switch

• 3-way more mids/dark switch

• New ground layout and preamp shields

If you’re into high gain or modded marshalls, it really doesn’t get better than this.

$old/will consider trade on a Ground Zero Modded Dual rec loaded with all the options plus cash (preferably blacked out Recto too;).

Cheers!
Can I ask how much it sold for?

Back