How do you run Universal audio plugins w/ two notes WOS?

bluedog25

Hey there,

After some recommendations I bought the apollo twin. But am confused at how to use the plugins when recording? The big selling point of buying the UA plugins and use them in real time while recording, such as the neve plugins.

The main reason I went with the UA apollo, was because i was gonna buy some physical preamps to go in the chain before my DAW. Here's the issue:

I am using the two notes WOS III plugin. My signal hits the apollo first. So when tracking, I am monitoring with the apollo, which is basically a direct signal. Sounds yucky and nasty. It will record correctly w/ the plug ins of course, but if I can't monitor it correctly then there's no way for me to tweak the plugin efficiently.

So for you guys who track in real time with the UA plugins, how do you do this with WOS III? I don't have a two notes load box, so I am relying solely on the two notes plugin in my daw.

not to be a dick, but how about the people who made the many recommendations?

The UA no latency is afaik simply putting low DSP plugins on the monitor path while recording. You would apply a plug-in with speaker simulation while tracking and then use the fuller and more complex tones of the WOSIII during the balance of the tracking (other tracks) and mixdown.

Another way to do this is if you have something like a Marshall JMP-1 which has direct outputs and emulated outputs, you record the direct output and monitor the emulation. If you are doing this in software, place a low latency EQ in the monitor path with a speaker emulation preset or create your own using a bandpass of say 80Hz-4.5kHz with a small bump near the high cutoff.

I guess that people with UA audio interfaces simply don't use their low latency monitoring (which is not that low latency, it depends on what kind and how many UA plugin you insert), and simply use the direct monitoring from the DAW.

Back