I'd use these forums if there were subcategories....

TheMagicEight

Just wanted to say that a great improvement for these forums would be to put a general forum for each manufacturer, in addition to sub categories for each amp model. For example, the Diezel forum is a hot mess. I'm just saying it would be so much easier to navigate if there were some form of organization.....

Probably would get the site more traffic too...

TheMagicEight":1tawqqli said:
Just wanted to say that a great improvement for these forums would be to put a general forum for each manufacturer, in addition to sub categories for each amp model. For example, the Diezel forum is a hot mess. I'm just saying it would be so much easier to navigate if there were some form of organization.....

Thanks for the suggestion. The proverbial Chicken or the Egg. When you try to organize the forums into each model you end up with fragmented traffic in each sub-forum and it slows way down. Thats why we allow you to put a title in your post in the Bogner Forum like: "Help me with my Bogner Ecstasy 101B" that way everyone sees it. I tried it the way you suggest when I first bought the forum and I had a revolt on my hands. :LOL: :LOL:

rareguitar":78s5802y said:
TheMagicEight":78s5802y said:

Thanks for the suggestion. The proverbial Chicken or the Egg. When you try to organize the forums into each model you end up with fragmented traffic in each sub-forum and it slows way down. Thats why we allow you to put a title in your post in the Bogner Forum like: "Help me with my Bogner Ecstasy 101B" that way everyone sees it. I tried it the way you suggest when I first bought the forum and I had a revolt on my hands. :LOL: :LOL:

Kinda funny that this guy is giving Brad suggestions over here but in the Bogner Forum he states that the Diezel section sucks. But he's a big forum poster with 36 posts on the other site and 37 here on this one. Do people really think we don't check up on this stuff especially if you are using the same moniker. I use both of the forums, this one has way more traffic, but the other one is useful. Brent over there does a great job. This section has only been up since Saturday. We that have been here at Rig-Talk for a while know what Brad has done and will continue to do, that's why we all stay here. This is the thread from the other site.

http://bognerampforum.informe.com/viewtopic.php?t=1087

Death By Uberschall wrote:
index.php

Bogner is in the Manufacturers Forums which is a sub-catagory.

But I do agree, this is THE Bogner forum.

Right, but nothing further. Like, this forum has separate categories for each amp. Take a look at the Diezel forum to see what I mean. Everything is combined into one, and it can be difficult to find anything. Not to mention topics are repeated weekly since their search function SUCKS.

Bad Brad":35psmr1i said:
rareguitar":35psmr1i said:
TheMagicEight":35psmr1i said:

Kinda funny that this guy is giving Brad suggestions over here but in the Bogner Forum he states that the Diezel section sucks. But he's a big forum poster with 36 posts on the other site and 37 here on this one. Do people really think we don't check up on this stuff especially if you are using the same moniker. I use both of the forums, this one has way more traffic, but the other one is useful. Brent over there does a great job. This section has only been up since Saturday. We that have been here at Rig-Talk for a while know what Brad has done and will continue to do, that's why we all stay here. This is the thread from the other site.

index.php

Right, but nothing further. Like, this forum has separate categories for each amp. Take a look at the Diezel forum to see what I mean. Everything is combined into one, and it can be difficult to find anything. Not to mention topics are repeated weekly since their search function SUCKS.

Leave it to the cop to get the scoop :LOL: :LOL:

20080314_sherlock_holmes.jpg

Bad Brad":31mruptl said:
rareguitar":31mruptl said:
TheMagicEight":31mruptl said:

index.php

However, people over there are a lot more respectful, knowledgeable and somewhat intelligent, compared with any other run of the mill, general forum. And it probably is because its focus on just one classy amp...

I hate navigating three levels of subforums.

Too many subforums = not enough replies.

The regular VH4 guys might never go into the Einstein subforum to answer what could be a common question among all diezel owners.

Keep it the way it is, Brad. PLEASE. It's perfect. :rock: :rock: :rock:

romvert":16vxpgvk said:
Bad Brad":16vxpgvk said:
rareguitar":16vxpgvk said:
TheMagicEight":16vxpgvk said:

index.php

However, people over there are a lot more respectful, knowledgeable and somewhat intelligent, compared with any other run of the mill, general forum. And it probably is because its focus on just one classy amp...
Maybe I should be a little more clear. First off, I never said the Diezel section sucks. There's some very useful information to be had in that area, and the amount of people willing to help with a problem can be very encouraging. BUT, if you're trying to find something, it's very difficult. The search function is terrible - I've used it many times and it either takes a long time to get what you're looking for, or you never even find what you wanted. This is in comparison to other forums I've used, such as the other Bogner forum and the Boogie Board.

"But he's a big forum poster with 36 posts on the other site and 37 here on this one. Do people really think we don't check up on this stuff especially if you are using the same moniker."

What you don't realize is that I've been visiting each at least daily over the past six months. I don't post very much because it's only important to me to offer up information 1) if it's relevant and helpful and 2) if someone hasn't already posted what I was going to say. Isn't that the way it's supposed to work?

Now as to the issue, it would be very helpful to me if there were categories. I didn't realize it has already been tried, and I thought I spoke for the majority on this issue. Clearly, I was wrong. Since this site can't and shouldn't cater to my individual needs, I will now accept that I'm in the minority and use the forum as is.

As for you "checking up" on people, really? What the hell do you think I'm trying to prove? If you've really got to go that far, you've got a bit too much time on your hands. Just sayin'.

TheMagicEight,

I just have one question, not trying to argue or anything. I actually agree about the mess; separate subforum for each amp would be overkill, but something dividing tech questions from the rest would be nice.

Now the question:
What is it that you don't like about RT search function specifically?

nbarts":psadewig said:
TheMagicEight,
I just have one question, not trying to argue or anything. I actually agree about the mess; separate subforum for each amp would be overkill, but something dividing tech questions from the rest would be nice.

Now the question:
What is it that you don't like about RT search function specifically?
:doh: Apparently, my own incompetence to use it correctly.

I didn't realize there were search options further down on the page. Oops!

And yes, maybe a format where there is still the general forum on each amp manufacturer's page, then a folder for troubleshooting, sound, advice, etc.?

Just give it a little bit of structure.

Or! Maybe keep only the general forum, and allow users the option of color-coding to show their topic is a part of a certain category. Best of both worlds? Sure would make me happy....

qisolu901o":vm800p3k said:
thanks a lot , bump up up up!!

The other large figures in my childhood were relatives: my maternal great-grandparents, my great-aunt Otie and great-uncle Carl Russell, and most of all, my great-uncle Orenknown as Buddy, and one of the lights of my lifeand his wife, Aunt Ollie.

My Grisham great-grandparents lived out in the country in a little wooden house built up off the ground. Because Arkansas gets more tornadoes than almost any other place in the United States, most people who lived in virtual stick houses like theirs dug a hole in the ground for a storm cellar. Theirs was out in the front yard, and had a little bed and a small table with a coal-oil lantern on it. I still remember peering into that little space and hearing my great-grandfather say, Yes, sometimes snakes go down there too, but they wont bite you if the lanterns lit. Come and buy world of warcraft power leveling, cheap warcraft gold webpage! I never found out whether that was true or not. My only other memory of my great-grandfather is that he came to visit me in the hospital when I broke my leg at age five. He held my hand and we posed for a picture. Hes in a simple black jacket and a white shirt buttoned all the way up, looking old as the hills, straight out of American Gothic.

My grandmothers sister Opalwe called her Otiewas a fine-looking woman with the great Grisham family laugh, whose quiet husband, Carl, was the first person I knew who grew watermelons. The river-enriched, sandy soil around Hope is ideal for them, and the size of Hopes melons became the trademark of the town in the early fifties when the community sent the largest melon ever grown up to that time, just under two hundred pounds, to President Truman. The better-tasting melons, however, weigh sixty pounds or less. Those are the ones I saw my great-uncle Carl grow, pouring water from a washtub into the soil around the melons and watching the stalks suck it up like a vacuum cleaner. When I became President FFXI Gil , Uncle Carls cousin Carter Russell still had a watermelon stand in Hope where you could get good red or the sweeter yellow melons.
Not only stupid but, you mentally deranged freak! Where is this moderator that's supposed to whatch this crap? Great Bogner forum so far, what can I say!...

Back