Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I LOVE TGP

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • CRACK KILLS

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • BIGFOOTS ARE AWESOME

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters
That would be pretty sweet. The funny picture thread isn’t even about funny pictures anymore
Yep it’s sad… but if there was a change, there would have to be some strict zero tolerance with “overflow arguments” or everything would be just like the funny pictures thread.

~ss

Someone voted for I LOVE TGP :LOL:
giphy.gif

You're dreaming bro'. Politics will be brought into practically every thread. Guaranteed.

Theoretically it could be policed but it'd require 24/7 monitoring and constant work warning peeps and moving threads, and all for what?

IOW, the effort would far outweigh any possible reward.

You're dreaming bro'. Politics will be brought into practically every thread. Guaranteed.

Theoretically it could be policed but it'd require 24/7 monitoring and constant work warning peeps and moving threads, and all for what?

IOW, the effort would far outweigh any possible reward.
Some people call me a dreamer and the sasquatch of love!

Would be a lot of work deleting/cleaning poast warnings suspensions bants and such but other places have done it… just sayin monkey brother!

But we just flapping our soup coolers so it is wat it is… just a dream

~ss

Those other places didn't have to come off the base we have here; the OTC M.O. is ingrained in members' behaviour, but even that's besides the point.

Effort not worth the minuscule reward. There's already sufficient separation of general subjects thanks to the sub-forums IMHO.

wtf is wrong with my prison stories thread? I have gotten tons of requests for it.....
Just to be on safe side Steve, if that was in reference to my post above, I hope you didn't read it wrong :(

I was making the joke that if we removed the Political and Religious conversations threads (read: most threads turn political regardless), then we would only have a few 'non-political' threads left. Yours being one of them. It was a compliment :yes:

Plenty of other places to bicker about that stuff. I enjoy NOT knowing people's politics on here, and it always bleeds over to other sub-forums.

I tend to agree but my guess would be that even if implemented, the political stuff will get tested and bleed over and therefore cause more work for mods cleaning up shit. Otherwise, I like it. Face it, no one on this forum is going to magically change someone else's mind politically so all the back and forth gets old fast. Lastly, most topics in the OTC 'could' have a political spin to it anyway so....

In a Rig Talk land far far away, we had an OTC. It got out of control. It was removed. It was brought back but Politics and Religion were off limits. Then they created a Politics and Religion subforum. Bad shit happened again. OTC was removed. Then it was brought back recently (largely due to @Monkey Man 's efforts. :yes:

At least that is how I remember it. Maybe someone else can confirm or deny or clarify.

Sadly, it is still on borrowed time me thinks. :(
It’s a sh*t hole of ignorance.
I don’t care if it stays or goes, I just wanted to state the obvious.

Back