Invader 2 unusable due to noise

Fuego

Got an invader 2. . This amp is soooooo much more noisy than my fryette ultralead. Feedback galore. The noise gate does squat to help. Before I send it back, is this how noisy it's supposed to be? Completely unusable in a live setting. I know, had to stop after sound check and go get my fryette. Hope its broken. I have the gain at 8 o'clock ! To quiet the noise. No probs with noise on the fryette. No noise gate, isp or the others. Thanks.

Just replied to your other thread about this suggesting you change the tube to V1. Change all of the tubes out of it. Could have your treb or pres cranked too much :dunno:

Fuego":y7tz0jrs said:
Forgot to mention I swapped tube and no better.

Let me know if decide to part with it, I have just gotten used to mine and choose to deal with it.
Rob.

Hi Try Using A ECC82 (12AU7) In The First Position...It Has A Little Less Gain Structure Than A ECC83 (12AX7) But An ENGL Has More Than Enough Gain To Make Up For It.And Your Hiss And Feed Back May Diminish.Just A Thought.

Update. Nothing wrong with the amp. User error. Used to having my ultralead with high gain on. This amp doesn't need it unless u have low output pickups. It really is nice. Very very powerful and needs no boost.

Update. Nothing wrong with the amp. User error. Used to having my ultralead with high gain on. This amp doesn't need it unless u have low output pickups. It really is nice. Very very powerful and needs no boost.

Back