Jcm 800 debut and review from Guitar World 1983

Billy Squier, take me in your arms | by Hope Silverman | The Riff | Medium
Billy Squier Rock Me Tonite on Make a GIF

At GIT there was a nice 2205 on the main stage. We all tried to get to use it. Sounded really good….all the 03’s and ‘04’s jcm or jmp’s you guys can have…

At GIT there was a nice 2205 on the main stage. We all tried to get to use it. Sounded really good….all the 03’s and ‘04’s jcm or jmp’s you guys can have…
what year was that?... I remember Paul Gilbert up there with a compressor and that 1/2 stack just hammering it out and thinking I could be like that if I had that amp. Afterwards he said, "I don't know why I'm so nervous up here". He was about 23 at the time. I went back to my apartment on N. sycamore ave to my POS fender SS amp boosted with a rat... I should have quit while I was waaaay behind.

what year was that?... I remember Paul Gilbert up there with a compressor and that 1/2 stack just hammering it out and thinking I could be like that if I had that amp. Afterwards he said, "I don't know why I'm so nervous up here". He was about 23 at the time. I went back to my apartment on N. sycamore ave to my POS fender SS amp boosted with a rat... I should have quit while I was waaaay behind.
It was 95-6. On the stage was the 2205, Dual Rectifier, Mark IV and 5150. I always went for the Marshall first and 5150 second. Only ever saw Keith Wyatt use the Mark IV.
My apartment rig (Hollywood and Fuller). was a Zoom rockman type deal into a Tascam 4-track with an Alesis drum machine. 😎
Rockin a candy apple red RG570. Fun year!

It was 95-6. On the stage was the 2205, Dual Rectifier, Mark IV and 5150. I always went for the Marshall first and 5150 second. Only ever saw Keith Wyatt use the Mark IV.
My apartment rig (Hollywood and Fuller). was a Zoom rockman type deal into a Tascam 4-track with an Alesis drum machine. 😎
Rockin a candy apple red RG570. Fun year!
Yes. Love it. Love the RGs. I turned 21 in Hollywood 1990. Shhheeeeit. Great time. Didn’t help my guitar skills

I don’t know all the various model differences or subtle differences from the years. But I picked up a 1984 JCM 800 2204 a few years ago and it sounds good but liked my JVM 205 better. Came modded with an extra gain stage. It’s with Dave now to get that mod removed and add a few bells and whistles.

Lots of distractions there for sure. Made sure I had no car and no TV that whole year.
We lived about 4 blocks from the Seventh Vail. That’s all I can say about that. We would go down to Westwood and party with the UCLA crowd at the Oar house. Blonde hot chicks everywhere.

s-l1200.webp

Mr. Squire definetly got some bad videography / choreography advice with that video.
Some say it ruined his career. Billys Marshalls were modded by Frank Levi.
Squire has mucho JMP equity with me as far as tone. I knew his amps were different before i even knew about modifications.

s-l1200.webp

Mr. Squire definetly got some bad videography / choreography advice with that video.
Some say it ruined his career. Billys Marshalls were modded by Frank Levi.
Squire has mucho JMP equity with me as far as tone. I knew his amps were different before i even knew about modifications.
The video did ruin him . I’ve seen entire stories about just that

Back