My A/B experience Diezel Paul vs VH2

Br8krofChainz

Hello Diezel lovers
Been jamming on my new VH2 for over a week now and decided to go ahead and have a Paul shipped to the house so I could A/B them and decide if I made the right decision on the VH2. I also wanted to post for those who are struggling deciding between the 2.
Got the Paul today and here are my thoughts.

I much prefer the VH2 to my suprise.
For those wondering about the cleans, they share the same clean channel, the Paul offers an onboard digital reverb which is nice, but I can flip on my Hall of Fame 2 with the VH2 and get even nicer cleans. They are about equal in that department. Main difference being at volume channel 1 of VH2 offers some mild classic rock distortion as opposed to the Paul which does not. Without Verb they are the exact same tone and is the most sweet crystal clear clean I’ve ever heard.

Channel 2 is why I prefer the VH2, it’s super tight and focused and true to the VH4 channel 3. The Paul channel two is nice and channel 3 gets even more aggressive but honestly coming off an EVH with EL 34’s the Paul tone is Similar. Paul tone is better than EVH, however it’s just a bit greasy and wide open. In Diezels defense it’s supposed to be that way, It’s just not as tight and focused as the VH2 which I like. If you have any questions on either let me know. Thanks

Hi, I've got a question or two. Is channel 2 on the Paul the same as channel 1 but with more gain? Or are they voiced differently? I heard channel 1 on the VH2 can get pretty gainy. How similar is it to the Paul's channel 2? How is the picking dynamics on both amps, clean and with gain? Can you go from cleanish by picking lightly to crunchy on the VH1's channel 1 and Paul's channel 2?

I'm trying to decide between the two. I'd be using them clean a lot and mostly for "high-medium" gain. Do they both have that slight fizz you hear in Adam Jones' tone?

Was thinking of getting the Paul because of being able to channel switch from clean to dirty but I like the tightness the VH2 seems to get on the channel 1 crunch.

Cheers
Dave

Hello Diezel lovers
Been jamming on my new VH2 for over a week now and decided to go ahead and have a Paul shipped to the house so I could A/B them and decide if I made the right decision on the VH2. I also wanted to post for those who are struggling deciding between the 2.
Got the Paul today and here are my thoughts.

I much prefer the VH2 to my suprise.
For those wondering about the cleans, they share the same clean channel, the Paul offers an onboard digital reverb which is nice, but I can flip on my Hall of Fame 2 with the VH2 and get even nicer cleans. They are about equal in that department. Main difference being at volume channel 1 of VH2 offers some mild classic rock distortion as opposed to the Paul which does not. Without Verb they are the exact same tone and is the most sweet crystal clear clean I’ve ever heard.

Channel 2 is why I prefer the VH2, it’s super tight and focused and true to the VH4 channel 3. The Paul channel two is nice and channel 3 gets even more aggressive but honestly coming off an EVH with EL 34’s the Paul tone is Similar. Paul tone is better than EVH, however it’s just a bit greasy and wide open. In Diezels defense it’s supposed to be that way, It’s just not as tight and focused as the VH2 which I like. If you have any questions on either let me know. Thanks

P.s. how does the VH2 channel 2 on low gain settings compare to the Paul channel 2?

Back