New TAD EL34STR redbase vs the retired TAD EL34BSTR

hopkinWFG

Hi all Diezel fan boys and girls out there.. just wanna know has anybody tired the new TAD EL34STR redbase into their Herbie? i like prefer the old shuguang TAD EL34BSTR after popping those into my Herbert mk2 and it sound just clearer than the JJs KT77 without the tone sounding weak with the mids its fuller but unlike any other EL34s ie: EH and mullards... the tone remains tight like the JJ KT77 without the Sizzle fuzzy top end am getting on my Herbie with the JJ KT77 and with the JJ KT77 its abit more greasy and compressed...

anybody whos a fan of TAD EL34BSTR tired the new redbase STRs yet? if so how you guys find the new redbase to be? cleaner clearer tighter without top end sizzle and full as an EL34 should be ?

The TAD EL34-STR sound more agressive in the highs and high mids with full low mids but way less sub bass than the EL34B-STR.
Interesting comment. To be honest, I have an older Diezel VH4s from 2003, that was upgraded to 2007 specs later by the man himself. While I really appreciate that it is more on the darker side, I have some trouble to dial down the sub bass range without sacrificing the body of the sound. On top there is a cut in the high mids which I really felt only once I played a Bogner Helios. Two different animals for sure, but the Diezel could need some of the Helios character. If those tubes are the ticket, I might give it a try and report back.

Last edited:
Back