NGD day

chrisgr

Got this Carvin Contour 66 used from GC. So far, I'm loving it. Plays and sounds really good and is in pretty much mint condition. It has the Fishman piezo bridge but unfortunately it's not working. Never had a piezo, so I'm not sure whats the problem. Not sure how much I would use it anyway, so no big deal and the GC price was pretty good so it's staying.

Attachments

• 000000119354731-00-2000x2000.jpg
    000000119354731-00-2000x2000.jpg
    394.9 KB · Views: 50
I have a soft spot in my heart for carvin. Been lusting after their stuff since I was a teenager in the 80’s….
For being made in USA guitars, the price for them on the used market is hard to beat even though they aren't as cheap as they used to be like everything else now. After purchasing my first used Carvin ct6, I fell in love with them and have been buying them ever since. I currently have five.

I remember ordering the catalog every year back then .... and picking out a custom guitar I could never afford
Me too bro. I did have a singer in college take his student loan dispersement and buy one of their PA systems on my advice…lol. We went from all guitar amps and just drums acoustically to sounding killer with this gigantic pa that was complete overkill for the honkytonks we played.

Congrats!!!
I've been a big fan of the DC7xx series, I've owned several of them , great playing guitars.

Me too bro. I did have a singer in college take his student loan dispersement and buy one of their PA systems on my advice…lol. We went from all guitar amps and just drums acoustically to sounding killer with this gigantic pa that was complete overkill for the honkytonks we played.
I bought a couple of carvin's 1x15+horn cabs. Was still the old style powered by an external amp but the speakers were light and a good gigging upgrade as they weighed about 2/3rds less than the monster peavey black widows we had used previously.. I wonder if they were using neo stuff in the late 90's/early 2000's?

Back