Noob Torpedo Live Q's..

KickTheHabit

Hi All

Some noob q's so sorry if they seem basic.. i'm very new to this type of tech.

I'm looking to use a Torpedo Live at home into my DAW but also Live to take away some of the hassle and lack of consistency when mic'ing cabs etc.

If i use this live at gigs with my amp head and still want to run a cab for on stage sound is this ok?
If i want to do this and run my amp very heavy on the master volume ( to hit that sweet spot we know valve amps have...) can I run an out at the same time to a powered monitor for an onstage sound?

If utilise a second master volume ( as a solo boost) will this freak the Torpedo Live out overly in terms of levels, cause clipping etc or is there sufficient headroom etc for this to work well?

Our monitor rig is not overly great so looking at alternatives.

Your feedback and guidance is most appreciated.

Hi, if you use a cabinet connected to the thru output, the Torpedo will feed FOH but the stage volume will be dependent on the amp settings ie you may not have the amp running as loud as you want for the sweet spot.

You can use a FRFR monitor such a QSC K10 as a personal monitor and simultaneously feed FOH with independent volume control and running your amp as hot as needed.

Regarding solo volumes, you would need to set the Torpedo to not clip on the solo setting. The level will be just fine for the rhythm setting even if you are hitting all the LEDs. The other way would be to put a solo boost post Torpedo.....in both cases, the FOH console channel trim would need to be set for the louder setting. You could also use the Torpedo's power amp modeling on/off as a solo boost if you have a midi pedalboard to control this.

Back