NPD Multi Instrument Boost Machine

BeZo

Some science happened at practice last night.

My bassist in my newest project started his pedalboard with some of my pedals. We've been trading back and forth, but he owed me money. So, I talked him into buying two Griffin Analog Chiron Deluxe pedals from Wayne. They came yesterday, and we're all square.

I added mine into my guitar board for my other band right where my OCD was, and he ran his on bass. Where to start...

On bass, the bass switch and mod switch engaged really fattened things up. On top of that, the clean knob brought back the punch in the low end. He was going back and forth with a Fulltone Bassdrive, which he was quite fond of, and liked the lower midrange girth of the Chiron Deluxe more. Not only did I get a new pedal, but I finally got my Bassdrive off his board!

On guitar, I tried it a few ways. I boosted my clean to slight crunch, boosted the lead to uber gain, and then tried to boost high gain on the clean channel. The Chiron Deluxe hung with the OCD and the Warm Audio Warmdrive I was shooting out in every category. The OCD and the GACD had enough gain on tap to pass every category. The OCD had more sizzle on top, where the GACD was fatter. The mod switch really thickens it up and adds girth.

I ended up keeping the Warmdrive on my guitar board because it does the subtle boost well. I can't wait to get the GACD on my bass rig so I can put it through the paces there.

Some science happened at practice last night.

My bassist in my newest project started his pedalboard with some of my pedals. We've been trading back and forth, but he owed me money. So, I talked him into buying two Griffin Analog Chiron Deluxe pedals from Wayne. They came yesterday, and we're all square.

I added mine into my guitar board for my other band right where my OCD was, and he ran his on bass. Where to start...

On bass, the bass switch and mod switch engaged really fattened things up. On top of that, the clean knob brought back the punch in the low end. He was going back and forth with a Fulltone Bassdrive, which he was quite fond of, and liked the lower midrange girth of the Chiron Deluxe more. Not only did I get a new pedal, but I finally got my Bassdrive off his board!

On guitar, I tried it a few ways. I boosted my clean to slight crunch, boosted the lead to uber gain, and then tried to boost high gain on the clean channel. The Chiron Deluxe hung with the OCD and the Warm Audio Warmdrive I was shooting out in every category. The OCD and the GACD had enough gain on tap to pass every category. The OCD had more sizzle on top, where the GACD was fatter. The mod switch really thickens it up and adds girth.

I ended up keeping the Warmdrive on my guitar board because it does the subtle boost well. I can't wait to get the GACD on my bass rig so I can put it through the paces there.
Hey man !! Thanks for the review !!!

It's a great pedal ..... putting other drives in front of it is a TON of FUN !!

Back