OPUS, which solution after the pedal ?

jojo66

Hello everyone !
Newbee here !
Sorry if my question is ridiculous.
I was, until there, a big fan of my fender twin reverb combo amp ... Pb, it's in maintenance because of a power problem and I don't know if I will be able to recover it.
I've decided to try the numeric adventure with an OPUS pedal.
It seems to be great.
My question is : now, I've to buy something to get the same experience (better experience) than with my fender : i.e. one guitar cabinet ? one FRFR sound speaker ? else ?
What's your advice please ?
I'm playing both at home (don't have wicked neighbors so it's cool), for reshearsals, and small concerts (300 people...)
Thanks
PS solution should be pretty and not to heavy

Good evening @jojo66

Thanks for getting in touch. Ross from Two notes here. Great question and I am pleased to hear you are enjoying your experience with OPUS. In terms of a monitoring solution, our suggestion would be an FRFR speaker as you will still be able to use your DynIRs with minimal colouration of the signal via a traditional guitar speaker. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

If you are set on using a traditional guitar cabinet, you will need a power amp separate. This can be fed via the TRS LINE output which can be configured to send a Pre and Power amp emulated signal from OPUS only - actioned via the Line Out Routing option in the Global Settings Menu. When we have configured this at Two notes HQ, we have used either the Orange Pedal Baby or the Seymour Duncan Powerstage 170 as our Power Amp separate. This would be fed via the TRS LINE output leaving you with the XLR output for a direct feed to FOH.

Let me know if this helps!

Kind regards,

Ross

Back