PI-101 WoS versus WoS III

javahut

Maybe I missed it somewhere, but does anyone know... will there be anything new or better about my current PI-101 full WoS version with the WoS III update (besides the virtual carpet)? Will there be additional cabs? Or better versions of some of the existing cabs? Or is this just an update to allow individual cabs to be demoed and sold via the new WoS III app... and the end of iLok (I'll really be sorry to see iLok go, if it's going to be mandatory to switch to another company specific proprietary authorization method).

Thanks for any info.

Hi javahut,

it is not mandatory to switch to our (no 3rd party) licensing system. It is just that we won't support the Pace system for long and future updates will be done on the new system only. So the PI-101 WoS will continue to work, it will only depend on the Pace driver support of the new OS to come.

If you like the iLok2 system, you will like what we developed, I will explain the entire system in a newsletter&press release.

The new things:

- embedded "Boutique" where you can buy new cabinets
- new design of the interface
- some minor bugs correction
- It will not be ready for the first release but we will add a phase parameter on each channel.

No major change on the sound or anything related to the audio process.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just one more question... any plans for new cabs in the works, to add to the complete current cab list dated 10/2012? I know you have a lot to choose from now.

I'd really like to see a killer custom one and two 12" boutique cabinet open and closed back versions of the Austin Speaker Works alnicos (Elegante, Absolute), and some combination versions with those and some of their ceramics in the two 12" cab.

Austin Speaker Works

Some broken in Tone Tubby Hempcone Alnicos would be way cool, too. :yes:

Just a wish list.

Yes we have a few cabinets to ome, as a matter of fact we have to move to a new studio and the setup is not entirely ready.

As a matter of fact the kind of speaker you are talking about re close to impossible to find in Europe, unless the manufacturer asks us to do a capture (and most of the time he's not OK. ;)) and send us a few units, but then we have to pick a cabinet.

We try to appoint a few studios in the US to help us doing capture of this kind of cabinets but it takes so much time...

Back