Powerball II

To me there seems to be a real classic/hard rock vibe going on in here and most of the guys I see using Engl's are playing real heavy stuff. I had a PB II and when I hooked it up, plugged in and started playing, it made my bones rattle, I loved it when I was playing alone but when I brought it to my first rehersal it was like I wasn't even playing. Really upset me because the tone was so solid. His Mesa Triple just washed me away at a low volume.

After that I tried the Blackmore and I bought a Smolski with similar results, none of them would really cut into a mix.

It is a great sounding head. I agree with hard rock vibe. I' m taking it down to rehearsal this weekend and will see how it goes. Sounds like it should cut through.

It seems like engl addressed the not cutting issue with the mid boost feature. Those amps do sound sick in a room. Just played one for a couple of hours at my local GC. I have gas for one.

Had a powerball II for a while. Nice cleans, dry and heavy distortion sounds. Crunch was crap but hardly use that anyway. Got bored with it eventually and replaced it with a Savage which is a bit more organic and less digital sounding.

After 3 days huge volume loss preamp tube went bad. Replaced it, worked. Sent it back. Bought a XTC

Back