Presence knob crackle bombs on high gain Jose mod Marshall

Ampaddict

I'm not sure if anybody can help me with this. But when I touch the presence knob on my Cameron high gain Jose modded Marshall I get very loud "thunderstorm speaker popping sounds". Doesn't matter what volume the amp is on the popping/cracking is extremely loud. I'm hoping I didn't blow my pre-rola's.

the presence is tied in with the resonance so both should get a good once over. replace the presence cap and the resonance cap. if not that then replace both pots.

if the presence is a 5k you could change it to a 25k linear and add that 4.7k resistor from the right lug to ground to get rid of the traditional marshall scratch there.

jerrydyer":1iluyi2s said:
if the presence is a 5k you could change it to a 25k linear and add that 4.7k resistor from the right lug to ground to get rid of the traditional marshall scratch there.

I don't want to change anything that would change the amps tone though. As long as I don't touch those 2 knobs I'm good... :scared:

I had an Ocean mod that the extra gain knob had and intentional crackle like the ZVEX sho pedal. As long as I didnt touch it it was fine but when changing levels it would crackle. Mark told me this was meant to be that way and did very few or a 1 off.

Back