Quad Cortex in 2024?

Man, I don't know how you juggle both. I'm in one band and is enough, lol. Do you know the Lost Vagrants band out there? The singer has been one of my beat friends since we were little kids.
I’m not familiar with them but I actually don’t get out much either.

I’ll have to keep an eye out for them.

It’s in a pretty good spot now. The QC itself is cool, NDSP as a company sucks ass, though.

Once/if they ever get the MIDI functionality and get some decent time based/modulation effects in there, there won’t be much it’s lacking in the context of top tier modelers. The fact it’s been out for 3 years and that shit still hasn’t gotten to it is……NDSP. Their owner set them back considerably the day he opened his mouth and promised plugins on that thing without knowing a damn thing about how to make that happen.

There was a period of about 12 months where the returns/RMA’s on that thing were way over the top. You’d see 5-6 a day on their socials needing to be sent back to Finland for repairs with people on their 2nd and 3rd units, the blue lights of death, weird startup noises and volume wheel self-adjusting were 3 major hardware issues that seemed to take forever to sort out but there’s a lot less these days.

I’m moving further away from modeling these days, but I’d be curious to try one out sometime. I’ll never give NDSP a dime of my money, but I’d like to see what all the hype is about.

It’s in a pretty good spot now. The QC itself is cool, NDSP as a company sucks ass, though.

Once/if they ever get the MIDI functionality and get some decent time based/modulation effects in there, there won’t be much it’s lacking in the context of top tier modelers. The fact it’s been out for 3 years and that shit still hasn’t gotten to it is……NDSP. Their owner set them back considerably the day he opened his mouth and promised plugins on that thing without knowing a damn thing about how to make that happen.

There was a period of about 12 months where the returns/RMA’s on that thing were way over the top. You’d see 5-6 a day on their socials needing to be sent back to Finland for repairs with people on their 2nd and 3rd units, the blue lights of death, weird startup noises and volume wheel self-adjusting were 3 major hardware issues that seemed to take forever to sort out but there’s a lot less these days.

I’m moving further away from modeling these days, but I’d be curious to try one out sometime. I’ll never give NDSP a dime of my money, but I’d like to see what all the hype is about.

It is hard to wonder why updates take so long when you see what Cliff pulls out of nowhere for Fractal over holiday weekends.

It is hard to wonder why updates take so long when you see what Cliff pulls out of nowhere for Fractal over holiday weekends.

Hahahah Cliff isn’t a fair comparison to any company. That dude is driven in a way that not many people are and knows enough of both sides of that coin, real amps and the programming/digital shit that he can be a one-man machine doing the work it takes teams of people at NDSP to do.

NDSP fucked themselves over with Doug handing out promises on TGP before it launched. Had that not have happened, it probably would have been up to par in a timely manner, but that plugin addition was a doozy. They also lost a or some developers shortly after launch and I suspect whoever replaced them had to start from scratch.

Back