R.I.P. KEN CZEPELKA -Sound Sculpture

I asked because he passed the end of Sept. I still keep in touch with his niece. I will pass along your condolences.
Hey Phil, thanks for letting us know about what happened. Do you have any idea if there was any inventory left? I was looking to buy 2 'ABCadabra' from him but of course communications went silent. Any insight is much appreciated!

Oh, gosh. I was wondering about this very thing because the website was off-air and emails didn't bounce or reply. Facebook group is as quiet as a church mouse. I have been looking for a used Switchblade 8F, could not find one and tried the site for new pricing.

If anyone is parting ways with an 8F, knows a source, etc., please chime in. Thank you in advance and really sorry to hear about Ken. I've got a spot for it all mapped out on a new PB.

Attachments

• PBOARD 20 IN PROCESS.jpg
    PBOARD 20 IN PROCESS.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 13
  • PBOARD 20 ROUTING IN PROCESS.jpg
    PBOARD 20 ROUTING IN PROCESS.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 9
Oh! ... this is sad news. Sincere condolences to the Czepelka family.
Hopefully SounudSculpture will find a new and worthwhile home.

I have known Ken for over 40 years from when he was in Boulder. He was very bright and a good friend to many folks. I know he was looking for a buyer for Sound sculpture. It was Dec 22 when I last heard from him and he told me about his illness and pending death. I am very sad to hear of his passing.
Sorry to hear of Ken's passing, I worked with him when he was a technician at Cadnetix back in the 80's, before he left Boulder for Oregon.

He was a gentle soul and a nice person, and was very passionate about the products that he built.

I am an electrical engineer and software developer, and I would be willing to help resurrect his product line if the necessary information is available and there is sufficient demand for one or more of his products.

The first place to start would probably be with his next of kin, assuming he had no formal estate, and they didn't throw everything out when he passed away. Schematics wouldn't be too hard to duplicate, embedded software and application software are another story altogether.

If anyone wants to put together or join a group to investigate resurrecting his products, let me know and we can arrange to meet online.

PS, I also have one of his original products, the PEP-3, a guitar effects switcher. If anyone would like to have it, please let me know.

I asked because he passed the end of Sept. I still keep in touch with his niece. I will pass along your condolences.
Sorry to hear of Ken's passing, I worked with him when he was a technician at Cadnetix back in the 80's, before he left Boulder for Oregon.

He was a gentle soul and a nice person, and was very passionate about the products that he built.

I am an electrical engineer and software developer, and I would be willing to help resurrect his product line if the necessary information is available and there is sufficient demand for one or more of his products.

The first place to start would probably be with his next of kin, assuming he had no formal estate, and they didn't throw everything out when he passed away. Schematics wouldn't be too hard to duplicate, embedded software and application software are another story altogether.

If anyone wants to put together or join a group to investigate resurrecting his products, let me know and we can arrange to meet online.

PS, I also have one of his original products, the PEP-3, a guitar effects switcher. If anyone would like to have it, please let me know.

Last edited:

Message sent

Back