speaker selection

232cap

I just picked up a cameron 800, the local music store has a few 4x12 cabs used. 1 marshall 1960c 4 greenbacks, 1960a 4 g12t75 or a 1960v 4 vintage 30's. I am leaning towards the greenback cab, just wondering if it would be a little too dark sounding? Next choice wwas the v30's. Thanks

he has no h30's but does have cabs with v30's and cabs g12t75 also. Whats your opinion on the v30 vs the greenbacks. If you had to pick one? Art

232cap":1b9rq5em said:
he has no h30's but does have cabs with v30's and cabs g12t75 also. Whats your opinion on the v30 vs the greenbacks. If you had to pick one? Art

Id pick the 25's over the v30's any day of the week but that's just me. With that said, Id recommend that you bring the head into the store and try each cab out for yourself!! you might even wind up with a cab/speaker config that you never expected! Ive done that many times before
(bringing my amp into a store) and I was always glad I did.

all the best

G12H30's got my vote, although its always best to try it out with your amp first...

My Diezel 4x12 is a G12H30/V30 combination and the texture is phenomenal...much better than its EVER been with V30's or GT-75's. But that's just w/ MY amp...so I dunno. IMO these speakers sound very warm and still have PLENTY of clarity, low end, and chime and just sound better for every tone that my Einstein produces.

My 2 cents.

Back