Testing an Edirol R09HR Video/OD100/Clean/Dirty tones

Mark Day

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYvnxZAoqjM&fmt=18

I wound up doing a voice over because I wasn't speaking loud enough during the actual recording....whoops :)
I was just testing the recording capabilities of the Edirol R09-HR at high guitar volumes. I am using a PRS SC (2006) with Duncan AHB1 Blackouts through a pedalboard consisting of a Decimator G-String pedal, Zakk O/D, Korg Tuner, MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus, Boss DD20 Gigadelay and a Boss FV500L volume pedal. The FV500L, Decimator, M134, and DD20 are in the FX loop of the OD100. I am running the head through a Randall 2x12" with Celestion 70/80's. It is very LOUD in the room. The Edirol is sitting on a chair about 6 feet from the cabinet. I recorded the video with the iSight camera on my MacBook Pro. I brought the audio in to iMovie HD and lined it up with the video quite effortlessy. The Edirol was very easy to setup and to set the levels with the little remote control. Very cool little device! Can't wait to try it out with full band and PA next weekend.

Mark

That's a great sounding amp! Your tone reminds me of Zakk Wylde's tone.

Ridiculously good sounding as usual Mark (I mean that in a good way!). The CAE/PRS sounds awesome, and the playing is pretty rippin' too. Thanks for posting that! It's great when recording gear doesn't get in the way and just makes it a breeze.

grooveHT":716n76nk said:
Ridiculously good sounding as usual Mark (I mean that in a good way!). The CAE/PRS sounds awesome, and the playing is pretty rippin' too. Thanks for posting that! It's great when recording gear doesn't get in the way and just makes it a breeze.

It sounds so much better before the YT conversion. It sounds a little saturated and boomy on YT.
Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't rally playing just wanted to show different textures of the amp. (the playing was atrocious :doh: )

Mark

samhill":3o2c0103 said:
grooveHT":3o2c0103 said:

It sounds so much better before the YT conversion. It sounds a little saturated and boomy on YT.
Thanks for the kind words. I wasn't rally playing just wanted to show different textures of the amp. (the playing was atrocious :doh: )

Mark

Whatever, if you want atrocious playing, I could record the output of my POD real quick! :LOL: :LOL:

Back