Tonelab SE vs GT8

Tonelab VS GT8

• Tonelab

Votes: 10 100.0%
  • GT8

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Alchemist

Which would you say is the better processor all around. I kind of liked the majority of the the tonelab tones over the GT8, but the GT8 seems to have way more switching, blending, options, and assigning the order of effects etc. So while on their own the Vox sounds better, you may be able to blend the GT8 with your amp in different ways getting better tones.... but thats something I cant really do until I get one home and play for a few hours.

If you're willing to put in the hours, definantly the GT-8. Although Ive only played with a tonelab for a little while, I greatly prefer the GT-8 after you get to spend some time with it.

Robotechnology":70c0b said:
For tone, the ToneLab (no pun intended)... for features the GT-8.

Yeah I already gathered that and I cant decide lol :?

For what its worth, I intend to use it mainly for some shred leads because I like the way SS modelers track for that stuff... and otherwise I want the processor to work around my amp. I want to loop it so I can use the delays and reverbs with my amp (I guess in that manner the GT8 really shines).

So again, not looking to nail amp models dead on, I just want some good shred lead tones at my disposal, and the rest will just be the odd effect to use within my amps loop.... delay, reverb, the odd chorus etc.....

Based on that would the GT8 or Tonelab win out..... I wish one of these flat out sucked so it would be an easier choice, but they both sound pretty damn good.

lamppost":d1d6d said:
Well, what would you be paying for them?

Trading in a bunch of pedals for 80% retail so price isnt an issue.... brand new they retail at $450 or so for the GT8 and $500 for the tonelab, so I am not looking at price, just function/features/tone to work around my rig, and to have a quick easy to use gigging solution so I dont have to tap dance and run multiple amps etc.

Alchemist":f46d0 said:
Trading in a bunch of pedals for 80% retail so price isnt an issue.... brand new they retail at $450 or so for the GT8 and $500 for the tonelab, so I am not looking at price, just function/features/tone to work around my rig, and to have a quick easy to use gigging solution so I dont have to tap dance and run multiple amps etc.

Well I was asking about price because there could have been a bigger gap that would help in the decison. Seeing as how price isnt an issue I would recomend the GT-8, still. It would probably run better in the loop like you were talking about earlier and would give you alot of the functions you're looking for. Check where you're buying them from for a return policy and if its not what you want and doesnt work for you then return it in the time frame and get the other. Besides that I think they would both work just as good for what you need.

If you going to be using it mainly for effect then, get the GT-8. Where the ToneLab shines is in FEELS LIKE A REAL AMP category. The GT-8 is better for use as an effects device as is a POD XT-Live for that matter.

Back