Torpedo Live and AMP SWITCHER???

boneyard

The Torpedo Live is PERFECT!!! But, if you could load down 2,3 or 4 amps at the same time like a head switcher and switch between them with using the Torpedo lives outputs to a PA.... well that would be very handy and something new to the market....

I have 3 amps that I switch between... I would use the setup live but it would be a pain in the ass. Plus all the cabs...

anything like this possible? The Torpedo Live seems like the perfect base to do something like this. BTW, i know that (3) Torpedo Lives would work, but thats like 3K

Thanks, Matt

Hi Matt, the radial Headbone (the for tube version) can be used with a Torpedo (for 2 heads) and there are several custom multi head versions available although those may cost as much as 3 Lives in the end. A proper system would a) mute the input of each head not being used b) apply a load to each head not in use c) feature switching that would would assure no pops but would not have a momentary condition of two output transformers connected together.....this is why there are "make before break" and "break before make" relays.

A 3 Live system would have the option to blend the 3 heads using the programmable patch volumes (with a small mixer and an active splitter added)

Andy

If you can find an Egnater SS4, this is the best of the best. Bruce stopped making them a few years ago. Also, there are some old Bradshaw (CAE) rack switchers around to mute.

Otherwise, you can run two - Torpedo Live's with about any AB/Y box in front of it. Just make sure both amps are always seeing an 8 ohm load when muted or active.

I just was thinking that you guys have the market on this and if you guys were looking for future product development ideas a switcher would be great. There has been a few great amp switchers with the load option..... Like the Mesa boogie high gain head switcher, the Egnater, the CAE Bradshaw one...and a Suhr prototype for Santana. All are great but hard to find or get.... Not to mention they don't have the option that you guys excel at!

Just sayin it would be bitchin and you already have the hard parts figured out.

Not to mention you would have the market on switching...unless I have lost my mind :LOL: :LOL:

Thx, Matt

Plus, if you're switching guitar preamps instead of complete tube amps while using the most excellent Two Notes Torpedo tube power amp sims, then you can mix and/or switch a ton of preamps without worrying about loads.

I really have no idea if there is a market for a switcher, and I guess that if all the models you're talking about disappeared, there must be a reason... :aww:

Back