Torpedo Remote issue

PBGas

Hi Folks,

A quick question for you.

How do you use the Torpedo remote feature?

When load the program, all I get is this.

remote.jpg

When I click on device, it shows my Live unit with a checkmark beside it. that would indicate that it is connected, no?
I've downloaded the latest version. Made sure the USB cable is in correctly.
I'm running Mac OSX 10.8.3

Any ideas?

:confused:

Hi PBGas, this is a known issue with certain Mac's and the 2N team is working on it, it has to do with the USB driver afaik. Best thing is to create a support ticket on Two Notes.com There have been a few other posts on this as well and a solution is hopefully not far off.

Andy

Hi,

Sometime I get this in my imac, I close the remote, turn off the torpedo, disconnect the usb cable and reconnect, turn on the torpedo and usually works. :D

Cheers,
Roberto Torao

sysexguy":ocofg07q said:
Hi PBGas, this is a known issue with certain Mac's and the 2N team is working on it, it has to do with the USB driver afaik. Best thing is to create a support ticket on Two Notes.com There have been a few other posts on this as well and a solution is hopefully not far off.

Andy

Thx Andy!

No worries. I figured that was the case. Not a big deal at this point as I can tweak it from the front panel. I'm going to be moving out of this iMac and get a new mac-mini server instead. Makes more sense for space and really, just as powerful if not better than what I have currently.

This live unit is such an awesome piece of gear! Thx again, Andy!

and thanks to Toraliens for the suggestion!

:)

We have a solution for this, thanks to the few people with a similar problem that were kind enough to provide us some information.

Some of the Mac from past years have a different USB host that is not as fast as the others to handle the USB HID protocol. It is most of the time not an issue (with a mouse or a keyboard using this protocol), but as we are using this protocol to its maximum to make the transfers as fast as possible, we found some unexpected behaviors we actually never saw from our side.

So you can expect to see a firmware upgrade for Live and C.A.B. soon that will fix this. ;)

Thx G! Sounds great! I'll wait it out. I'm still waiting for my new interface to arrive to no big deal at this point.

Back